cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FormTemplate not found Exception while using adobe Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to create a pdf file using Adobe Services from webDynpro.

However, in doing so, we get an error saying-

"The error is:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException:

FormTemplate was not found"

Followed by the message-

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./temp/webdynpro/public/asianpaints.com/login_form_using_adobe/webdynpro/Components/com.apl.test.login_form_using_adobe.LoginForm/PdfForm_InteractiveForm.xdp (No such file or directory

(errno:2))

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)

at

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.AdobeFormHelper.getTemplateURL

(AdobeFormHelper.java:659)

However, the PdfForm_InteractiveForm.xdp (template Source) file exists

in the specified position.We are using Adobe Reader 6.0 on NWD04

Could you please let us know the solution to this problem at the

earliest as we are in the midst of the development.

Thanks in advance

Apeksha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Apeksha,

Check, if the file effectively exists.

How to do this: go to the directory where you WD project is saved. Look in the directory …\src\configuration\Components\<your package name>. Here you should find the PdfForm_InteractiveForm.xdp File for your Interactive form.

If the file exists, you have to repair your WebDynpro project.

How to do this: Go back to your NW Developer Studio. Right mouse click on the name of your WebDynpro project. Choose Repair -> Project Structure and Classpath. Afterwards rebuild the project and try again to deploy it.

If NOT, you have to create your Interactive Form again. First you have to remove the UI Element for the Interactive Form from the WebDynpro application, insert it again, create the layout, set all properties appropriate etc.

Hope it helps

Kind Regards

Marita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I worked recreated the application by simple reinserting the interactive UI element and binding its dataSource context with a node whose values i need to display in the pdf format and pdfsource bound to attibute of type binary. However, when i deploy, i get the following exception:

Processing HTTP request to servlet [dispatcher] finished with error.

The error is: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Error during call to AdobeDocumentServer: Failed to create a Data Manager. Please ensure that the Document Services Data Manager service is running:

com.adobe.FailedCreationException

Exception id: [001083FE64E6006900000218000010E80004194FC07D8B75]

However, the Document Services Data Manager service is already running along with IIOP provider.Are there some other things that need to be taken care of?

Thanks in Advance

Apeksha