cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between block & delete indicator in Contract, PO Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please let me know the difference between block and delete indicator's functionality for 1. Contract and 2. PO Items.

Regards,

Janagiraman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When set deletion indicator for a p.o item & saves it,concerned item is closed it will be not reflected in p.o reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The difference may be the blocking a line item in a PO or PR will not inflence the Function Module.

Regards,

BK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BK,

Can you elaborate your point please. I am not getting it.

Regards,

Janagiraman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please go through the note 666693 for your better understanding, Thanks.

Regards,

BK

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

block is a short term solution to prevent any follow-on function like goods receipt and invoice receipt until the block is released.

the block may be set if the price is not yet finally negotiated, but order had to be placed.

a block will prevent the document from beeing closed. you will never be able to archive a document that has a block, as SAP allows only to archive closed business cases.

Deletion indicator is to tell the vendor that you do not want this item anymore (if you had already send the order) and as well to mark the item for a future archiving (e.g. to logically close the business case for this item).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your answer. I think your answer is applicable for PO.

Please let me know what is the difference between block and delete indicator for Contarct item.

Regards,

Janagiraman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the block indicator in a contract prevents you from refrencing this contract item in a PO.

technically contracts and POs are stored in the very same tables EKKO and EKPO etc.

And the field does not have a different content for contracts than it has for POs.