Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of changed order BOM from quotation to sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning!

Please consider the following scenario involving variant configuration:

A quotation is raised in the system, and the values of the characteristics are assigned. Therefore a order BOM is generated (for the quotation), and that order BOM is changed manually using tcode CU51 (for cost estimates purposes). When it is saved, the system updates the BOM in the quotation automatically (ok, this is a desired behavior).

Although when we create an sales order with reference to that quotation, the newly chnaged order BOM is not copied to this new order, the order BOM is redetermined instead.

How can I make the system to copy it from the quotation properly?

Thanks in advance!

Adriano Cardoso

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I have verified this note and it seems more toward the BOM explosion in the sales documents themselves than for the modifications made afterwards (CU51 changes in BOM, for example).

After realizing that, I´ve made a little research and found the Order Engineering Workbench possibility, which seems to fulfill all our requirements regarding this point. I looked all over SDN and haven't found too much input about it. In the SAP VC book, says it is not part of the SAP ERP, but a add-on.

So, you don't happen to have any idea of how can we check if it is activated / installed in our system or not? We are on version 5.0.

Thanks!

Adriano Cardoso

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've followed your suggestion, but it didn't work unfortunately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I am mystified.

Did you do the change for the main item? You should do it for only the main item.

See this OSS note whcih clearly talks on this subject: Question 5. Of course, we are trying to achieve the opposite.

526188 - Explosion date of BOMs

May be raise an OSS message with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adriano

You need to change the Copying Control: Sales Document to Sales Document for the item category: VTAA

For the requisite item cat (combination), uncheck the box 'Reexplode structure/free goods'.

That should do.

Hope this helps. Let me know.