cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scot configuration for 4.6c systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After having worked on Ecc 6 systems i am having problems understanding confog for 4.6c systems for SCOT for out bound mails.

We have a requirement where we need to change the mailhost name.In Ecc we just need to change in scot but whereas in 4.6c how do we change it.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

You need to check the OS level script internet_mail_gateway or something similar name, you can get the name from the TCP/IP RFC connection. There must be a script and a configuration file where you can make the changes.

Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no places where i can change the mail host name.Ours is red hat release 4 system.Can you please let us know where the mail host is maintained at the os level in linux.Thanks.

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

I will go back to the flow of the mail from 46C and show you how to find the location of the SMTP mail server.

SAPConnect -> RFC -> Internet Mail Gateway -> Sendmail (or Sendmail equivalent) -> SMTP Mail Server

So you will need to troubleshoot like the following:-

(1) Goto transacion SCOT and open the INT node

(2) Check the name of the RFC connection and goto SM59 and open this RFC

(3) Note the location of the mlunxsnd and the mailgw.ini

(4) Navigate on the OS level to the server and folder which contains the mailgw.ini (default name of IMG profile)

(5) Mailgw.ini will give you the location of the Sendmail (or clone) that is sending mails.

(6) Navigate to this folder and use the [Sendmail documentation|http://www.sendmail.org/doc/sendmail-current/doc/op/op.pdf] to modify the Sendmail profile to point ot your SMTP mail server.

(7) Done !

Hope this helps.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats what I replied on Nov 9, 2010 with blog link, but he can't find.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

identifying the program which sends out the mail was done.Thanks for the info.

I wanted to as how to change the mail host after identifying the program i.e.mlunxsnd.

I am unable to find the config file mailgw.ini usually where is it located.

I will still search.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sunil,

As i said earlier i know till identfying the RFC and program used which would be available at the OS level.I wanted to know what should we be doing after that.That blog doesnt talk about the same.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the RFC to see what program is calling?.. maybe if you mention the program to us we will have a better idea of how your system is configured and if its using standards.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the reply.The program mentioned in the RFC contains the below program which has following contents.Thanks.

#!/bin/csh

setenv GWCONFIG /usr/sap/PE1/SYS/exe/run/PE1_mailconfig_100

/usr/sap/PE1/SYS/exe/run/mlunxsnd $*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contents of file /usr/sap/PE1/SYS/exe/run/PE1_mailconfig_100

TRACE_FILE_OUT=F61B22E5F537301624EF36140BEB33F636

TRACE_LEVEL_OUT=F7

TIMEZONE=

CODEPAGE=FFE9F391EDEAE2DDDDAA

COMMAND_LINE_LEN=E7CCD79CE8

SENDMAIL_COMMAND=F51B27E6F42E2616EFFC2B0CFA291FE62DE2C930D6E9FFB4160416E7981805F5B80914020713C7

TRACE_FILE_IN=F61B22E5F537301624EF300DC53137F2

TRACE_LEVEL_IN=F7

SAP_ROUTER_STRING=

USE_SAPROUTER=16

GWSERVICE=2DFB18D81AE7E1

GWHOSTNAME=2DFB18D81AE7E1

SYSNUM=F6D8

HOSTNAME=2EFC19D91BE8E2

GROUP=

MSGSERVER=

LOADBAL=0D

LANGUAGE=04

PASSWORD=10E4FABD030307

USERNAME=15E9FFC208080C

CLIENT=E7C6D4

SYSNAME=16F9E5

CONFIG_VERSION=E8

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read the SAP Internet Mail Gateway [docs|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/24/8e4407a3b011d2a26500a0c943858e/frameset.htm]... the full description of the config and files is there.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan.My query got answered.Relay host was maintained at the OS level.Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you might have already refered the below notes, if not then please.

SAP note 455127, 73360 and 99965

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sharath,

Thanks for the imputs.

99965 note is relevant to us .

#!/bin/csh

setenv GWCONFIG /usr/sap/DS1/SYS/exe/run/DS1_mailconfig

/usr/sap/DS1/SYS/exe/run/mlunxsnd $*

There is script.But i wanted to know as to where exactly the mail host name has to be changed.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In soct --> double click on SMTP --> change your mail host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sunil,

This is not ecc where we can directly change.With respect to 4.6c internet mail gateway options.How should we proceed.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the blog /people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/07/sending-e-mail-from-abap--version-46d-and-lower--api-interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the prompt response.The blog only discusses about SAP side.What all should be done at the OS level with respect to note 99965 is not mentioned.Can you please guide me as to how to change the mail host name.Thanks.

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

You do not configure the mail host in SAPconnect or the IMG but rather in Sendmail or the "other" mail software you will be using. SMTP was not available in releases before 6.10 as the ICM was not available. I will explain the flow of a request below:-

SAPConnect -> RFC -> Internet Mail Gateway -> Sendmail (or Sendmail equivalent) -> SMTP Mail Server

As you can see you do not enter the mail host and listening port of the SMTP server as Sendmail is the actual SMTP server. The mail is not relayed via SMTP but RFC from the SAP system and SMTP mail is forwarded from Sendmail. Note that Sendmail is a fully functioning mail server ! This method was not perfect but worked with some configuration.

Below is a "how to" that will enable you to setup mail routing from 4.6C to Exchange and all you have to do is enable Exchange to accept mails from the Sendmail clone (Emailrelay).

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Email_from_SAP_-_4.6C_using_MS_Exchange_2003

Using this method it is possible to send mails from 4.6C to Exchange via a hop via another SMTP server

Hope this helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks a ton for the wondeful explanation.What our requirement is that mail server guys have changed the host name of the mail server now we need to adapt the same.In Ecc 6 it was just the change in scot but whereas for 4.6c in scot it uses a rfc which actually excutes the script pasted in my earlier post.Could you please let us know where we need to change the host for 4.6c