Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC sender Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a source file like this.

"5000010234123","100026","3120","Test for Material Description",

The conversion happens fine in the xml, but the only problem is that the beginning field and end field gets accommodated with double quotes

Look at my XML structure

<EAN>"5000010234123</EAN>

<MaterialDesc>Test for Material Description"</MaterialDesc>

You can see that the beginning and end has the double quotes. How do i handle it in FCC

These are the parameters specified in my FCC

field separator = ","

end separator = "'0x0D''0x0A'

begin separator = "

I know that it can also be removed during mapping, but i would like to handle it in FCC itself.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer this wiki on using enclosureSign

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/FileContentConversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I had used the following now

ProcOrdRecs.enclosureSign "

ProcOrdRecs.enclosureSignEsc ""

Though it has removed the quotes inside the structure, the field separator failed and all the data got into one field.

<EAN>5000010234123,100026,3120,Test for Material Description</EAN>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check below:

○ NameA.enclosureConversion

■ Specify YES if the text delimiter is to be removed or if the escape character is to be replaced when the files are transferred. This is the default value.

■ Enter NO if the character is to be transferred unchanged.

If you specify xml.enclosureSign=u201C and xml.enclosureSignEsc=u201Cu201C, text enclosed in quotation marks is transferred unchanged and the quotation marks are removed.

If the escape character for a quotation mark (u201Cu201C) occurs in the text itself, it is replaced by the quotation mark during the transfer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Use NameA.enclosureSign FCC parameter.

NameA.enclosureSign : Specify a string here that acts as a text delimiter. Text enclosed by such delimiters is transferred to the target structure unmodified although the default setting is to remove all text delimiters. Separators within such texts are ignored.

This parameter is optional.

Thanks,