cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table with readonly inputfields and Row Selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have the following scenario: In order to reduce redundancy and maintenance effort, i am using a table with inputfields as cell editors, where the respective "read-only"-Properties are bound to the context (additional attributes at the table context node).

If the application changes its current operation/state (view/change/create etc.), the inputfields' read-only values are being set accordingly.

My Problem is this:

If all Inputfields are set to read-only (let's say, if the user is just viewing, but not editing the data), the selection of table rows becomes almost invisible. Instead of changing their background color to orange, the selected row's inputfields keep their normal (light blue) background color.

I have considered changing the cell editor dynamically to textview for example, but this creates a huge amount of additional maintenance effort, since all the Properties need to be maintained (e.g., onEnter-Actions and Context Binding/Default Values of all the Properties).

Is there any possibility to be able to highlight the whole lead-selected row without changing the actual cell editors to something different than (read-only-)inputfields?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi simon,

You can use the property enable to false when read only to true.Somewat you get better than readonly property

Regards

Saravanana K

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried that(enabled to false instead of read-only to true), but the result is unfortunately the same: the inputfield still won't change its color when lead-selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

You can set the background color for the input field(Using Themes) in Portal.It may work.

Regards,

Saravanan K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Saravanan: Correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that theme support exists only for webdynpro for java? Unfortanetely, i am using webdynpro for abap...

@Armin: That is indeed possible, although this seems like a dirty workaround. Why are inpufields designed this way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, it seems this thread died out. Thank you all for your contributions.

The problem still persists, and i will try to implement some form of workaround.

Still, i must ask the sap developers why you chose to design inpufields this way.. their corresponding ui elements (also usually called "inputfield") in other sap applications (like Dynpros, BSPs) do not seem to behave like this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The visual design is defined by the PDC (product design center). If you have questions, suggestions etc, please contact them.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works as designed. Perhaps you can use some additional visual hint like an icon in the first column?

Armin