cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping trips (for Travel Request - TP04)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus

Is there any way so that I can create 2 or more travel requests using the same period for the same employee? It would be a desirable requirement here in our company.

I know that through 'FITVFELD' transaction I can choose, for a given travel schema, if I want to allow overlapping trips (checkbox "Overlapping Trips Allowed"). But it works only for the expense reports ("TRIP" transaction) related to the schema selected. For travel request (TP04) I can't do that.

An example: with "Overlapping Trips Allowed" checked for schema A, I am able to create 2 or more expense reports (schema A) from 11/09/2010 to 11/16/2010. But if I try to create a new travel request (TP04) within this period, the system throws an error.

PS: As we know, unfortunately schema "PL" (Travel Planning) doesn't have "Overlapping Trips Allowed" checkbox... It manages some travel request parameters.

Thank you

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Raynard

As you suggested, I've tried to test by using different settings of parameter WRC - 0 and 1 - (you said WRP, but I guess you meant WRC), but with no success. I've created a travel request (TP04) with a start date and time / end date and time. When I tried to create another one with the same dates and times, system thrown an error.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, nz

Thanks for your help! However, in spite of the link says, I really can't create 2 travel request in the same period for the same employee.

Testing here, I've just created a travel request from 03/21/2010 (08:00 AM) to 03/21/2010 (10:00 PM) and successfully saved. When I tried to create another travel request with the same day / time, system displays an error saying that there's already travel data for this period.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

Please check the Feature TRVPA, the setting for WRP. It is possible to have a overlapping Travel Request as long as one does not have a Travel Expenses exist.

Regards,

Raynard

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please click on the overlapping of trips to all the trip schemas you have created. If you had selected for one schema and if you create travel request using another schema then system will throw an error.

Select the overlapping of trips to all the schemas you have created.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi robtaboaco ,

you can create two or more overlapping trip.

it will just give u warning if u have overlap trip. but you can still save it.

here's the link, hope it helps to explain..

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/OverlappingTripRequest

Regards,

nz.