cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File picked up by sender channel but not seen in CC monitoring nor in moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

It is a file to JDBC scenario where the sender communication channel picks up a file and sends it to several receivers interfaces ( 1 jdbc receiver channel). The file gets picked up by sender communication channel, but problem is that it does not get traced in communication channel monitoring, not even in message monitoring in RWB and SXMB_MONI. Thus no file processing. Sometimes this does not happen and the file gets traced in either of the monitoring tools. Please help as to why would this happen.

The scenario works correctly at times. its configured correctly. Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka Salvi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

In the end did you find the reason behind this sort of behaviour from file adapter? I am also facing exactly the same problem. Occasionally a file is picked-up and archived but not processed in PI server. It happens randomly only to some files. any resolution on this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked if maybe another PI system (dev or test environment) is accessing the same folder? Concurrent access would mean that sometimes one CC wins, sometimes the other. Another sender file adapter accessing this folder would be another possibility.
Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

right now restarted the CC few times in CC monitoring and after that i placed the file ... it is seen. but the mentioned problem occurs frequently. how can i fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. No, archiving faulty source files functionaly was not used earlied.

I enabled it by giving a path in the FTP server itself, but no files were placed there in the same case.

Please give me some examples of OS commands.

The file is picked up but it seems it is unable to read/forward for further processing.

This is because after the file is picked up, no messages are found with the outbound interface as well in message monitoring.

I am manually placing the file at the required path and the procsessing mode in CC is delete.

The receiver determination and all other configurations are correct.

I had tried by creating a new sender CC and deactiving the earlied one. Using this files were picked up and processed for few days and now again the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just use the Archive option in File communication channel to track your file whether you file has been picked up or not.

Also when you pick up your file using some wincscp/filezilla tool, change the property of the file as read, write and delete. i.e change to 0777.

Please check the receiver determination configuration of your ID.. Also tets you configuration in ID and let me know.

Rgds

Veeru

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

How you are getting sure that files are getting picked up by File CC? You can use "Delete" or "Archive" mode to check whether those source files are getting deleted or copied in any different location.

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are using archive and faulty source files functionality in the sender file channel.

If yes , and still you are having problem then try to use 'Copy' command as an Operating system parameter after message processing. Provide some different directory path where the file will be copied.

By using this command, you can track the files, if File adapter is able to read the file and is forwading for further processing.

Also, can you please provide the PI version and service pack currenlty used??

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no other channel polling for the same file.

In RWB > Message Monitoring > Adapter Engined, some messages have been successfully processed and some are in waiting/ holding state. Of them, none is from the current scenario.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. check if there is any other adapter polling for the same file

2. in RWB-> Message monitoring ->adapter engine what do you see?