SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management cut over of Open PR and PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of cutover, we are using following link to update FM account assignment in open PR/PO.

SPRO>Funds Management Government>Actual and Commitment Update/Integration>Internal Data Transfer to Funds Management>Supplementary Account Assignment-->Select Documents

and

SPRO>Funds Management Government>Actual and Commitment Update/Integration>Internal Data Transfer to Funds Management>Supplementary Account Assignment-->Convert Worklist

1) But in this case, for open PO of which GR is not done FMRP_RW_BUDCON report is not updated after doing above mentioned process. when I make GR, commitment get updated in FMRP_RW_BUDCON report. This does not show actual status of budget consumption as budget consumption is shown at the time of GR only.

2) If GR is already done for PO and after doing above mentioned process, if GR get reversed then Negetive commitment shows in FMRP_RW_BUDCON report and after deletion of that respected PO, commitment of PO gets zero. But negetive GR commitment remains open which leads to wrong status of budget consumption. e.g. GR of Rs 5000 is reversed. Then report shows two documents as -5000 for GR reversed and 5000 for PO commitment getting open. IF I reversed this PO then PO commitment of 5000 become zero. but GR reversing amount -5000 still remains open. So it shows less consumption of budget by Rs.5000.

Do I am missing any process. Suggest.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, after you convert the open commitments, you'll need to run FMAVCREINIT to reconstruct AVC. FMRP_RW_BUDCON will then reflect the converted commitments.

Secondly, based on your posting, it seems that you do not want PO commitments (VT 51) to be counted as budget consumption. You can achieve this in the ledger 9H configuration:

Public sector management > Funds management government > BCS > Availability control > Settings for availability control ledger > Define filter settings for commitment/actual values. You will want to exclude both value type 50 and 51 from ledger 9H. After you change the setting, you will need to run FMAVCREINIT again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need PO/PO to consume my budget. These value types are not excluded in filter setting. FMAVCREINIT does not solve my problem.

This happens only in case of Open PR/PO before FM activation. If I create new PR/PO it works fine. But how old open PR/PO need to be handled. suggest.

0 Kudos

Hi, try tcodes FMN3N, FMN4N

0 Kudos

Hi,

Your conversion process looks correct to me.

Please provide more information about the system and the data. Do you have PBET with multi-year budget execution on? What was the fiscal year of the FM documents for the converted PO's?

Consider the following scenario: multi-year budget execution is on, PO created in FY 2010, so the converted FM doc resids in 2010; you run that report for FY2011 and you do not see any commitments. Now you make a GR in FY 2011, the system automaticaly carry forwar the PO commitment from 2010 to 2011, post PO commitment reduction as well as GR actual in 2011. You run the report for 2011 again and now you see the GR actual that consumes the budget.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi,

Multi year budget execution is not activated as we are not carry forwarding budget, but only commitment is carry forwarded.

Fiscal year is from April to march. Pos are from year 2011, but those are of before activation of FM. In cut over I need to reserve budget for actual expenses till date of golive.

Is this MFN3N and MFN4N required for year end closing.

0 Kudos

Hi,

That is right. Please see note 1038025. It appeares that when you run the FNCT, you should NOT check the box 'Ajust assigned value'. The system will only update the original documents with addition FM account assignments. No documents will be transfered to FM in this step. Next step, you run FMN4N to transfer the documents.

Regards,

Ming