Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding JMS

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to send messages from SAP back end to other Third party java application (Ex:- if we add any record from portal to SAP back end the status whether the record inserted or not msg should be send back to the java application). I heard about the JMS but i am confused there are lot of threads i can't understand where to start from? Please tell me where i have to start from and the step by step procedure for configuring and implementing the JMS. Provide some useful docs and links.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP back end to other Third party java application

1. does the third party system support JMS? Only then you would be able to use the JMS adapter

2. discuss with the 3rd party system owner what are the integration options available for their application.

based on that, you can decide the optimum integration.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

--> yes, the third party system is developed in java, it supports JMS.

Here the actual problem, we have developed an application regarding Travel desk in webdynpro ABAP, when ever the user makes a request it will goes to SAP ECC the same request or message should have to come to the Third party java application also, How we can send that message to third party application? for this, i thought JMS is needed but I don't know how to make it.

May i know what is the difference b/w JMS and JMS adapter? i think for this scenario JMS adapter is not needed.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>  Here the actual problem, we have developed an application regarding Travel desk in webdynpro ABAP, when ever the user makes a request it will goes to SAP ECC the same request or message  should have to come to the Third party java application also, How we can send that message to third party application? for this, i thought JMS is needed but I don't know how to make it.
>

If you have PI in your landscape then only one interface enough to complete your requirement , if third party system supporting JMS calls like where you stroing the messages in third party application?? are you using any JNDI to store data or MQ or SONIMQ kind of application??

> May i know what is the difference b/w JMS and JMS adapter? i think for this scenario JMS adapter is not needed.{quote}

JMS is one mechanism to store messages using topic and sunscribe mechanisam, in market there are many JMS TOOLS like IBM MQ series, SONIC MQ series ,..... if you want to connect to any of the systems in PI world we use JMS adapter to retrive/send messages to this kind of applications.

Regards,

Raj

former_member472138
Active Contributor