cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map payload to <SDATA> in IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send a payload to DWM from MES using RFC IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS.

I want to include my payload in <SDATA> tag of IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS but <SDATA> is accepting only string fromat its not accepting the xml tag format .

while trying to send in xml format its creating the IDOC with only one segment

can anyone guide me how we have to include my XML structure in <SDATA>

Regards,

DUVVURUS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Duwurus,

SDATA is a 1000 LCHAR string that holds the user data. All field values of the IDoc segment you want to send are concatenated one after the other, using their defined field length. For an example, see [EDI_DD - IDoc data record|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/1a/0e3842539911d1898b0000e8322d00/frameset.htm].

To create the SDATA string, check the segment, and append the fields with the value in the field legth to the string, e.g.

Field1 CHAR 5 = AB

Field2 CHAR 4 = DEF

SDATA = " AB DEF"

For numeric values you have to calculate the field length correctly. Remember that certain fields also need leading zeroes.

SAP will overlay SDATA with the IDoc segment structure to get the field values. Check WE05 to see if the IDoc has been created successfully. There you will also see if the field length have been correctly or if there have been displacements.

Michael