cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Interactive form - ZCI Layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm creating an online form on release 701 level 2 and am having problems with ZCI layout.

I have created forms before with this layout to use feautures such as search help.

Can anyone tell me what the latest recommended layout format is, ZCI or Standard?

With Standard layout my form interface binding works but search helps lock up the form after use but with ZCI the search help works but only the field with the help is bound to my interface successfully on the submit method.

I have reverted back to Adobe Reader 8.2 but this is still extremely flaky.

Thanks,

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The recommended layout will be ZCI, also please ensure that you inserted the Web Dynpro script from Utilities section while designing your form. Downgrade to Reader 8.1.1 and see if it helps.

Also can you let me know what is Designer version you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Yes the script has been inserted. The more I look at this the more I am thinking that online interactive forms are not fit for purpose.

I guess there are some use cases but a web dynpro page would serve this purpose better with better integration into SAP etc.

I am using version 8.2 of Adobe Designer but keeping versions of Designer and Reader and different versions of the ZCI script in line is not feasible. Adobe Reader can auto update so what if a user has updated from 8.2 to 8.3 and suddenly all the forms stop working?

I understand that integrating between the browser and the embedded PDF is no mean feat but I'm going to stick to using Adobe Forms for offline use or print outputs.

tl;dr HERE BE DRAGONS

Answers (0)