cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whole Database Offline backup question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if a BrTools-generated Whole database Offline Backup can be applied via BRRestore/BRTools to a another SAP instance (DR Site). Our DR Site basically has the same filesystem structure, SAP Instance name, DB Name. The only difference would be the hostname.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

I've been digging through some help documents but all of them describe situations as to applying the backup into the same SAP Instance.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use the same offline backup taken from brtools.

You want to configure DataGuard? Once you restore your database make sure you don't open if you want to configure the log shipping. Follow the DataGuard guide to configure your DR server.

If you are planning to use the backup / restore for just testing purpose then no issues you can perform system copy mentioned by Bhavik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> You want to configure DataGuard? Once you restore your database make sure you don't open if you want to configure the log shipping. Follow the DataGuard guide to configure your DR server.

That's exactly what we want to do. Is there an exclusive SAP white paper on this config? Or is it fine if I'd just follow Oracle's version of it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to follow Oracle's DataGuard configuration guide.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer this useful configuration guide [Setting up Oracle 11g Data Guard for SAP customers|http://www.oracle.com/newsletters/sap/docs11g/wp-ora4sap-dataguard11g.pdf] as reference.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Above link no more valid would you kindly provide correct link.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BrTools-generated Whole database Offline Backup can be applied via BRRestore/BRTools to a another SAP instance (DR Site).

Yes, You can apply.

e.g. In Homogeneous System Copy using Database Specific method, the Database of Source System is restored on Target System using brrestore of Target System. You can refer Homogeneous system copy guide to get more information about such Restore flow.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff