Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Significance of Account Type EXP,LEQ,INC,AST in BPC- Need some valid reason

Hi,

I have a question why we need account type in BPC. Is there really any Business significance for maintaining Account Type ?

Account type LEQ, INC it behaves differently while load data/display data as sign change happens in SAP Back end. Major issue comes when you try to create a re-concillation report using BEX tool for LEQ, INC accounts in BPC and BI cube as you need to reverse the sign in BEX side for any calculation or any data match for INC and LEQ accounts.

My implication is : Is there anything wrong if we take all accounts as EXP account type because what data comes from other source/Input schedule remain as such for all accounts. There will be no Discrepancy/confusion of sign while in reporting in BI side or BPC side. You can follow normal calculation process if you have calculated any item in the report and does not bother about the account type and behaves same as the BI cube data.

Any idea or any issue if the above implication is implemented. I need some concrete reasons for the above issue as it create a extra headache/confusion in BPC impementation project.

Thanks

Debasisha

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Debasish,

Lets take a simple example. Lets say you have revenue as INC, sales as EXP and Profit as INC. You enter values from input schedule as below

Acct    Type    Value entered in IS      Value in DB
Revenue   INC   400                   -400
Sales   EXP     100                  100

Lets say Profit is the parent, then the values will be

Profit INC -300

In the report, you will see the data as 300 (since profit is of type INC).

However, if you keep all as EXP, then

Acct    Type    Value entered in IS      Value in DB
Revenue   EXP   400                   400
Sales   EXP     100                  100
Profit    EXP                             500

The above data, as you can see, is incorrect. Now, for making it correct, you need to put a formula for Profit as Revenue - Sales. This looks easy, however, will become cumbersome with more number of members.

Hope you got the idea now.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question