cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Item Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

From one of our sister concern there is a requirement from user for Batch Determination. so i have created one new item category ZBAT for batch determination and activated batch determination at Delivery level.

The order type ZORD is used by other companies as well the default item category type is ZORD for this order type. Now I want to make the new item category ZBAT for batch determination as q default item category with order type ZORD but system not allowing to make as defaul because there is item category ZORD al ready exist as a default item category.

How to achieve this scenario Please i need you( Now I can use this ZBAT a manual item category in sales Order creation i want it as default item category)

Thanks and Regards,

MH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can define a new item category group as ZBAT and then assign the same in VOV4

sales document typeItem category groupDflt item category

ZORDZBATZBAT

Also dont forget to add this newly created item category group to your material Master

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

More Inputs please

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor

Dear MH,

I think, you have to work on with the replies already expressed. Still its not address your query.Please update the forum with your expectation from the system.

Study, the Delivery item category determination in case of batch managed materials. If you can able to maintain different item category group for all batch managed materials with Item category determination ( Tx:0184) your issue will be resolved.

if you dont want differentiate with item usage ( as already expressed), go for small piece of coding to default the delivery item category.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member

Dear Mohammad,

If you want to maintain different item category for Batch items, you have to include "Item usage CHSP" in the item category determination.

Item usage CHSP is the standard Usage defined by SAP.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can define a new item category group as ZBAT and then assign the same in VOV4

sales document typeItem category groupDflt item category

ZORDZBATZBAT

Also dont forget to add this newly created item category group to your material Master

regards

Prashanth