Retaining for long time the Background Jobs / Spools - Override Std REORG

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..Experts...

In my system the Standard Jobs are in place as per

SAP Note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

Business Scenario.

SAP_REORG_JOBS & SAP_REORG_SPOOL are configured all jobs older than 7 days as per demand.

There are some EXCISE related / DART related jobs runs for for longer times (2 days) and give us the spool and Job Log.

Classic Scenario

The Jobs / Spool get deleted in 7 days.

if we want to retain them export them to local desk using SAP GUI Options and live with it.

Demanded Scenario.

There few Background Jobs which we are thinking to retain for long time their JOB LOG & SPOOL in SAP System itself which override STANDARD REORG JOBS?

Is it Possible....?..if yes.....How ??

a light on this topic will give a lot of luxury to our PRIVILEGED FI/TAXATION POWER USERS.

Rgds

PR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can define the variant for your SAP Standard jobs, whats can be deleted for your jobs and spool. You can restrict to a user using values (not equal, equal etc)

If you want to delete the logs of your EXCISE related / DART jobs / spools then create another job with variant specific to you requirement and schedule may be for once a month (depends on your requirement)

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil.....

Thanks.....

For Background Jobs Retaining

In Program - RSBTCDEL2

Under - Differentiation Specifications of Jobs

In Field : User Name : " In the Exclude Range" give the User ID of whome we want to retain.

For Spool Logs Retaining

In Program - RSPO1041

Under - Further Conditions

In Field : Creator : " In the Exclude Range" give the User ID of whome we want to retain.

.........acheived the requirement.................

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think thats what I have mentioed earlier.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes....Suni..exactly what you mentioned..

I already awared as "Problem Solved" for your reply.

Thank U Once again

Answers (0)