Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Series

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every body

Can anybody let me know.

What is Time series in Demand Planning. how it works. please explain.... .

Please help me in this regard and provied related document if possible

Thanks

Deepali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepali

Time Series Key Figure:

Basically Time series key figure is used in Demand planning only. Whenever you cerated a key figure & add it to DP planning area then it is automatically convert it in to time series key figure. Whenever you actiavte the planning area that means you activate each Key figure of planning area with time series planning version.

There is one more type of Key figure & i.e. an order series key figure & which mainly used in to SNP planning area.

Please find below link at which you will find lot of earlier threads with same questions , which will provide you detail information about it.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=timeserieskey+figures

Please let us know if you require any more information about it

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepali,

Further to above reply, I would like add further:

In Demand Planning (DP) and Supply Network Planning (SNP), we can store data in Key figures in three ways :

1. in liveCache time series objects

2. in liveCache orders

3. in an InfoCube

Each key figure in a planning area has its own data storage method. To be able to use these data storage methods, we have to initialize the planning area at least for one planning version.

While maintaining a planning area, We must assign a semantic to a key figure for read and write operations.A key figure is usually a freely definable "data container" that only takes on meaning once the key figure semantic has been assigned. We assign one key figure semantic to each key figure. The system chooses the relevant key figures or checks them based on their semantic, depending on how we have configured the planning area.

The following are some main sematics available:

000 = Semantics for order objects in liveCache

001 = Semantics for the standard time series in liveCache

002 = Semantics for InfoCube key figures

100 - 399 = Semantics for SNP time series objects in liveCache (for SNP planning method: Supply and demand propagation)

Regards

Datta