cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter - Calling a stored procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could call a stored procedure synchronously using JDBC Adapter. Is there a way I can send an array to the Oracle stored procedure and receive an array from the stored procedure?

I see a cursor data type but as per documentation it can only be out.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I don;t think so, Stored procedures supports Array as an input. It will take only field values as a input.

But if you want to call stored procedures for multiple occurences of data, then XI can handle this with JDBC receiver adapter.

Also , one more option may be using Java Proxy and inside the proxy calling the Stored procedures.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to use JDBC Reeiver adapter. I already tested single occurrence of data with the stored procedure and it works fine. For multiple occurrences what data type do i choose while designing the data type.

I do not see a data type of ARRAY in the documentation for JDBC Receiver Adapter under EXECUTE

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need of doing any configuration in Reciever JDBC adapter. You can change the message occurence, i.e Recievr Data Type and try it out.

If it is Oracle Database, it supports CUrsor in the Receiver side right

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ee/b88c4037fba62be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

hope it helps

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you think this should work for both input and output?