cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish the private folder content to public folder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am a biginer in SAP DMS. We are using EDMS as the front end for the DMS.

When I log on to EDMS for the first time, it creates a private folder. I have created so many folders and created some documents as well.

Now my question is, how can I make some of those documents to be available at Public folder to view by all the users?

When I use the export folder option on a particular folder (by right click options for that folder), I am not able to do it. System is prompting to choose the location, but not exporting to the public folder.

Can some one please help me out in solving this problem??

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to Christoph's response,please note that you will be prompted to enter Document Number(for DIR's with external number range) if you copy,paste the Documents separately.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

regarding the document numbers I would recommend you to use document types with internal or mixed numbering because this will made the work in EasyDMS much faster for your users. Because if the document type supports internal number there is no need for your users to enter a document number every time and so this will save a lot of time if users create new documents or copy and paste files to EasyDMS.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the internal numbers for the document types. I dont have any problem with the document numbers.

My worry is only regarding the publishing the private content to all the users in quick and easy way.

The paste as link option is not a correct solution for this, because some times we may move that folder to a diff location or delete it from DMS also.

Please help me out in solving this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

generally you can simply use Copy&Paste function to copy documents or folders from the private to the public area. With normal Copy&Paste new document info records will be created in the public folder. To generate only links you can use the

context menu function 'Paste as Link'.

I hope this information is useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Christoph,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the copy paste option too. But I could not get any folder pasted into my public folder.

I have also tried with the paste as link option, which is working fine. But why is the copy paste option not working?

When I choose export folder option, it prompts to select a location and gives a success message, saying that the folder is exported successfully.

Can you please clarify the above?

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen B

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

the 'Export Folder' functionality could be used to create a copy of the folder and its originals in the choosen location on your PC outside of EasyDMS. If there are original files in this folder they will be copied to the PC directory.

For granting a correct copy-paste process please see the SAP note 1368109 and implement the function module EASYDMS_FOLDER_COPY.

Best regards,

Christoph