Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE-BAPI-Scenario to XI with several BAPIs

beat_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

<b>Descritpion of the current situation:</b>

I configured an ALE Distribution model to transfer the HR payroll accounting data from an single SAP 4.7 system (WebAS 6.20) into 8 different SAP-Accounting-Systems (SAP R/3 4.6C). The model contains 14 BAPIs-Calls which are sent to SAP XI (3.0 SP17) and forwarded to the corresponding SAP-R/3-System, depending on the company-code.

SAP XI demands for each BAPI an RFC-Sender-Adapter which contains a programID. For each programID I have to configure an TCP/IP-RFC destination in the sender system which contains the corresponding programID. The ALE distribution model configuration (BD64) allows only to use logical systems as receiver. So I have to create 14 logical systems with the same identification as the 14 TCP/IP-RFC destinations. In addition I was only allowed to create TCP/IP-RFC destinations with a length of 10 characters, because the field for the logical system isn't longer.

<b>My questions are the following</b>:

1) Is there a possibility to avoid the creation of 14 logical systems in this situation?

2) Are there User-Exits or BADIs to map a different RFC-Destination in ALE before executing the BAPI-Call (i.e. depending on the logical system AND the BAPI)?

3) Does anybody have a similar model and what are the experiences?

Thanks

Beat Mueller

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member648164
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Beat,

This is a long time ago, how did you go with integration? Did you configure the way you mentioned here or did you have to tweak it?

Thanks!

Amulya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beat,

The 14 logical systems can be avoided, only one LS i.e. Business System can be maintained which will always be receiving msg from HR payroll.

In the next step the message can be redirected to any of the 14 business services ( these will correspond to 14 RFC destinations ). As far as mapping the RFC destination is concerned,the same can be achieved using Enhanced Receiver Determination. i.e, based on company code in the payload the receiver service will be determined.

Any user-exit or BADi for deciding RFC dest from LS and BAPI is not known.

I hope this helps..

CHEERS

Amit

beat_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thank you for the response. That's what I tried first. The problem is, that SAP XI demands for every single RFC a separate RFC sender communication channel with the according programID. This programID must be registred in an TCP/IP connection (SM59) of type 'T'. It's not possible to register several programIDs in the same TCP/IP connection. Because ALE distribution models only allow logical systems as receiver, I have to create a logical system for each TCP/IP connection (with the same identification).

Greetins

Beat

P.S.

The Enhanced Receiver Determination I already realised.

beat_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I solved the problem by myself:

It's only necessary to assign a special method destination for each method in BD97 "Determine RFC Destinations for Method Calls" of the sender system. So I can avoid to create an logical system for each BAPI-Call.

Greetings

Beat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you elaborate some more on this?

For better understanding.

Regards

Vijaya

beat_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hil Vijaya

I did the following (Example with two BAPI-Calls) of the wohle scenario:

<u>Sender System</u>:

Logical System (SM30; View V_TBDLS:

- LTX1100

ALE distribution Model (BD64):

- Sender: LT30020

- Receiver: LTX1100

- BAPI-Method: AcctngEmplyeeExpnses.Check

- BAPI-Method: AcctngEmplyeeExpnses.Post

TCP-IP RFC-Destination (SM59):

- LTX1100_RFC_ACC_EMP_E_CHECK, Type 'T'

- - with Program-ID: Z_XI_RFC_ACC_EMP_E_CHECK

- LTX1100_RFC_ACC_EMP_E_POST, Type 'T'

- - with Program-ID: Z_XI_RFC_ACC_EMP_E_POST

Destinations for method calls (BD97):

- to logical System LTX1100

- - special method destination:

- - - Method: AcctngEmplyeeExpnses.Check

- - - RFC-Destination: LTX1100_RFC_ACC_EMP_E_CHECK

- - special method destination:

- - - Method: AcctngEmplyeeExpnses.Post

- - - RFC-Destination: LTX1100_RFC_ACC_EMP_E_POST

<u>SAP XI</u>:

Sender Business System:

- BS_SAP_L30020_DEV

Communication Channel:

- CC_RFC_Sender_ACC_EMP_E_CHECK

- - with Program-ID: Z_XI_RFC_ACC_EMP_E_CHECK

- CC_RFC_Sender_ACC_EMP_E_POST

- - with Program-ID: Z_XI_RFC_ACC_EMP_E_POST

With the activation of the CC, SAP-XI registers itself with the corresponding TCP/IP-RFC destinations in the sender system.

Sender Agreement:

- for each RFC you have to put the according sender CC.

The routing and mapping in XI is 'normal'.

I hope to help you with this information.

Greetings

Beat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more query.

Here you have create one RFC connection for each RFC call so how is it helping you reduce the number of RFC connection.

It's one RFC connection for one type of RFC.

Sorry, am I missing something.

Regards

Vijaya

beat_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

In this scenario the sender system has one RFC-Connection to SAP XI for each BAPI - instead of having one RFC connection to each accounting system (less systems but more RFC connection to the remaining XI system). But it's a technical need to do so (see <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/25/76cd3bae738826e10000000a11402f/content.htm">RFC Processing with the RFC Adapter - help.sap.com</a>).

There is a big advantage concerning the ALE distribution sceanrios: We only need one scenario addressing SAP XI instead of eight scenarios (to every accounting system). In addition we need SAP XI to convert certain values in the BAPI parameters (internal orders, WBS Elements).

Greetings

Beat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I do have same the scenario. Is it the issue has been solved?

beat_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We the solution hasn't been realized up to now. It is planned to configure the scenario in this way. But we don't know yet, if it will work completely.

Greetings

Beat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is any one who can help me.

My scenario is HCM-XI-FI.

Apply the GL postings from our SAP HCM system to the FI SAP System. This was consider to be the an ALE Connection. Created each payroll period. There are 14 BAPI's to precheck.

Could you please any one help me how to do through XI.

Thanks

SV

beat_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi 'SV'

In the ALE-Model, instead of addressing the Accounting-SAP-System, you have to address SAP XI als Destination for ALE. The documentation for the ALE-Model you find in the IMG: Payroll - Payroll <Country> - Reporting for Posting Payroll Results to Accounting - ... (-> SALE)

For RFC-Call in SAP XI, every RFC neets it's own TCP/IP-Connection (SM59), which can be mapped to one logical destination (BD97). So it's possible, to create an 1:1-mapping between communication channels and TCP/IP-destination in SAP XI. Unfortunately, SAP calls several BAPIS (methods) with the same logical destination, so that this 1:1-mapping is not applicable in all cases. We decided to modify the corresponding RFC-calls to address a different logical destination for every RFC. In our scenario this are the following RFC-calls: in HRPP_FI_ACCT_DET_HR call of FI_ACCT_DET_HR; in HRPP_FI_GET_SGTXT call of FI_GET_SGTXT and in HRPP_ACC_EMPLOYEE_EXP_CHECK call of BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.

I hope, to help you with this short information.

Greetings

Beat Mueller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muller,

Could you please list the BAPIs involving the integration between HR and FI through XI for HR Payroll Integration.

SV

beat_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Here's the List of the Object-Methots and BAPIs for Checking:

CompanyCode.GetPeriod:

- BAPI_COMPANYCODE_GET_PERIOD

CostType.GetFixaccountList:

- BAPI_FIXACCOUNT_GETLIST

GeneralLedgerAccount.GetDetail:

- BAPI_GL_ACC_GETDETAIL

AcctngServices.DocumentDisplay:

- BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_DISPLAY

AcctngServices.PreCheckPayrollAccountAssign:

- BAPI_CODINGBLOCK_PRECHECK_HR

AcctngEmplyeeExpnses.Check:

- BAPI_ACC_EMPLOYEE_EXP_CHECK

AcctngEmplyeeExpnses.Post:

- BAPI_ACC_EMPLOYEE_EXP_POST

AcctngEmplyeeRcvbles.Check:

- BAPI_ACC_EMPLOYEE_REC_CHECK

AcctngEmplyeeRcvbles.Post:

- BAPI_ACC_EMPLOYEE_REC_POST

AcctngEmplyeePaybles.Check:

- BAPI_ACC_EMPLOYEE_PAY_CHECK

AcctngEmplyeePaybles.Post:

- BAPI_ACC_EMPLOYEE_PAY_POST

Customer.Find:

- BAPI_CUSTOMER_FIND

Customer.GetDetail2:

- BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL2

Vendor.Find:

- BAPI_VENDOR_FIND

Vendor.GetDetail:

- BAPI_VENDOR_GETDETAIL

and here are the IDocs for Posting the Documents:

ACC_EMPLOYEE_EXP.ACC_EMPLOYEE_EXP02

ACC_EMPLOYEE_PAY.ACC_EMPLOYEE_PAY02

ACC_EMPLOYEE_REC.ACC_EMPLOYEE_REC02

Documentation:

4.6c:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/ae/1c4b6e5733d1118b3f0060b03ca329/frameset.htm

Our project had been stopped until now and will be reactivated in April. Have you been successfull posting the payroll form HR to FI/CO via SAP XI? How did you solve it?

Greetings

Beat Muller