Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict users from changing color settings of SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to know how to restrict or make the color settings disabled to the users. We wanted to have uniform screen to all users.

How can I do that?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you should disable the GUI settings option in the Screen painter, so that no user can select that option. There is no authorization object that restricts this access.

Rgds,

Raghu

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you should disable the GUI settings option in the Screen painter, so that no user can select that option. There is no authorization object that restricts this access.

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is an undocumented solution. I am not sure on the possibilities of the implementation.

The option to change colors/fonts in only available in the EnjoySAP. Hence, at the time of setting up the users PC, change the setting in "SAP GUI Configuration" control panel item to "User SAP Signature design" and remove the Control Panel icon (sapfcpl.cpl). The file can be moved/deleted. You can find it either in the system32 directory, or in Program files under SAP directory. This will remove the icon from the control panel and will not further allow the users to change the settings.

Hope this helps!!

Warm Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I'm going to try this one, but what will actually be diabled or unavailable here once I'hve deleted the sapfcpl.cpl? is it the menu to change the theme? Users are using the alt-f12 on the log on screen to change the settings and that's what I wanted to restrict.

Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos

Hi,

SAPFCPL.CPL will remove the Control panel icon, which will not allow the user further to change the SAP GUI configuration settings to EnjoySAP, which will allow them to change the colors.

Rgds,

Raghu

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi karshbax ,

I do not have a solution for your problem, probabely because I have never considered it to be an issue. I am very curious about the business requirement here. Some users may benefit from other (high contrast) color schemes to compensate for visual problems. Besides medical issues, why would one block employees from making their workspace as nice as possible? I do not think that changing the color scheme for the gui wil change its functionality in any way.

Blocking this functionality will definately annoy some users and once more, why would one have a business requirement to decrease productivity by annoying ones employees or coworkers?

Looking forward to your explanation,

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Yes... Iam one of the guys who fall into Juergens Suggestion....there are soo many systems ...and if they are all teh same color or cannot differtiate with the production /Q /SB...CUA...at least I inadvertanely get fooled ( I know thet right hand corner tells the system we are in ) but still errror happens. This is my personal point.

0 Kudos

Hi George,

Identifying the system based on the screen color/font might not be an appropriate way. However, I too agree on not restricting this since it is required for the visually challenged people. However, I had also a similar requirement earlier with one of the client, where we have disabled certain features.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

I actually agrre onyour point of not restricting this for visually challenged people, but it is a client requirement that I must implement.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

it is a client requirement that I must implement.

I tend to challenge those requirements. It's a pity you haven't got more background information on this one. Thanks for responding to my question.

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks