Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form translation to Japanese - baseline shift

peter_21
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a big problem with interactive forms. I developed a PO form for a Japanese company in English. When I transate it and use Kanji characters in the translation the baseline of these characters is about one line below where they should be. I use Arial fonts at the form development and the ADS changes it to MS Mincho or MSP Gothic. These two character set was also installed to the ADS font directory. Is it possible to use one form for the English and Japanese version of the form or I have to develop another form to the Japanese form and set the baseline of all the characters? Does anybody have experience in this issue? Has anybody developed PDF-based form in Japanese language?

BR,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I faced exactly the same while adapting the standard PO-form.

Here's the solution:

If you copied the standard PO-form you'll probably find the following tag in your form's XML:

<?originalXFAVersion http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-template/2.1/?>;

You should replace it by

<?originalXFAVersion http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-template/2.2/?>;

Alternatively you can also check the compytibility settings in Lifecycle designer:

Menu "Edit/Form properties" switch to tab Compatibility:

Update textformatting and event model to the recommended version using the two buttons there.

This should actually do the job.

regards

peter_21
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear DasOmen,

Congratulation for your nickname.

Your solution also operates well for me. Many thanks for it.

Unfortunately I have done the form with the help of some subform insertation but you do deserve the poins undoubtedly.

Do you have any experience with the fpfontrepl table?

Thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

no, I didn't play around with that table yet.

But, since you're dealing with Japanese fonts: Is your question because your fonts aren't rendered all the same weight?

If so, think about using another font in the designer.

regards

peter_21
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi DasOmen,

The customer would like to use MSP Gothic in his Japanese forms. He also have a definite idea of font on the English forms. The font replacement could be the best solution if it would operate. The prerequisites are OK, but it has no effect for the fonts. I debugged the code and it found the entry in the table. I have no idea, but it is not the only weird thing with AIF.

BR,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am not an expert at this but was browsing SAP Notes for different issue and bumped into this one --> Note 1281566.

Have a look and see if it helps.