cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFx Process Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some process level question on SRM 7.0.

How will I edit the RFx after released to vendor.

As per our scenario RFx, we will be create RFx with the validity period for 1 years. Buyer accept partial qty for the total RFx. After some time buyer would like to send the RFx to some other vendor to complete the total qty.

Issue here is I can't edit RFx even the remaining qty available ? How do you do that....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you get any error message? or Is Edit button not active in document? What is the document status?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unable to edit the documents. Once it has been award. Even though the partial amount.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the document flow?

PR -> RFx -> RFx Response -> PO

or

PR -> RFx -> RFx Response -> Contract

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mesa,

Thanks for reply.

But my question was Can I able to edit the RFx after award the partial amount of RFx.

For Example:

I created RFx for Item1 with Qty 500 and send to 5 Suppliers, Suppose if one of the supplier accepts only Qty 100. Now I accepts the Qty 100. Still I required Qty 400. But this time I would like to add more bidders. In order to add more bidder I needs to edit the RFx, right ? But I couldn't.

If SAP is not supported please guide me which process suites for this kind of scenario.

Also here is the flow of our scenario PR -> RFx -> RFx Response -> Contract or PO

Edited by: Laasya.Pat on Nov 10, 2010 5:52 PM

Edited by: Laasya.Pat on Nov 10, 2010 5:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have raised a completely legitimate business scenario in my opinion. However, from what I understand of the standard behavior, the answer to your question is "no, RFx can not be edited further once you have awarded a response, even if the response is for partial quantity". But I'd recommend that you create an OSS message to SAP for explanation or better, an extension of such feature.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use 2nd round RFx because 1st round RFx did not fulfill requirement. If you do not award, you see the button Create Follow-on RFx.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

But we award the Partial Line item. For example, We are awarded Line item 1. But still line item 2 is open. So I need to include new bidder and send to bidding again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd suggest that you create an OSS to SAP for suggestions in your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you hae mentioned is more a process issue than that of SRM.

Every RFx has a start date, bid submission deadine and opening date in chronological sequence

Only after the opening date will you know that the supplier has submitted a bid for 100 qty.

If you are viewing it before submission deadline, this is unethical

The process that you will have to adopt is to accept the bid for 100 qty and convert it to PO

You cannot create a follow on RFx to this as you have created a PO.

This RFx will have to be copied to a new RFx. You need to reduce the item qty and add other bidders to this RFx

This is how the system is designed

Rgds

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

First of all, we are not viewing the bid before submission deadline. Let me explain our scenario little more clearly,

We have configured Plan Driven Procurement, Create 20 Line PR in the ECC and released through PR release strategy(4 to 5 level) . So it's completely approved and transfered to SRM.

Now processing the PR in sourcing send the RFx to 5 vendor(supplier). But vendor responded only 5 line items that they can able to provide, so buyer accept & award(PO/CTR) only 5 line item once the submission deadline is current. Still 15 more line item remains to procure. He would like to include more bidder into the process.

When you think business point of view, They have this question "Why can't edit the RFx still the items remain to procure."

If I created another RFx I will lose all the tracking data, which is required for reporting.

Regards,

Lya