cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting PDS not created via CIF in SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created 4 materials which are subcontracted materials. I have created materials with procurement type "F" and Special Procurement Type "30", Production Version with BOM and without Routing being a Subcontract.

During my investigation I found that in Purchasing view Source List is not ticked for this material, is there any relation of this Source List tick with transfer of PDS in SCM?

Where I am missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The source list indicator in the Material Master specifies that a Source of Supply must be entered in the Source list before a PO can be created for the issue to the source for the plant.

In your case create,

1. Create a Purchasing info Record of type subcon in ME11.

2 .In the Infor record specify the Production version created in the Purchasing Org data 1 tab page.

3. Then Cif the SNP PDS or PPDS PDS of type subcontracting.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

I was trying to replicate the scenario in development, i create a same material and then I am trying to create PIR ME11 with type Subcontracting, I entered the details and when I press enter it gave me a warning message "Material 400000150 mainly procured internally (please check your input)"

Note that material master shows Procurement Type "F" and Special Procurement Type key "30"

What is missing? or shall I go ahead?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it is a warning message you can ignore it.

Once again requested to check the MM and the purchasing view.

Check in C223 whether in PV routing or recepie is assigned.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

Now some interesting facts. I have created the Material, PIR for Subcontracting Vendor and run the CIF and eveything was correct and I got it in APO. So no error.

When I checked in the case of errored material, I found something. Let me first tell you that we use "Plant-Specific Material Status". Now the status when it is ready for use is valid from 04.11.2010 and I see my Prduction Version valid from date is 02.11.2010 and BOM Creation Date is 02.11.2010.

Does this mean that system while transfer checks for BOM and PV on the 04.11.2010? Is there any logic in this?

But to my surprise in my test case I Kept all dates same 08.11.2010, and I got my PDS in APO on CIF Run.

Confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By defining the Plant specific material in the work scheduling view you can block the material for Procurement / BOM /Tasl list and warehouse.

The status is ready for use from 04.11.2010 but your PV and BOM is valid from 02.11.2010.

You can changing the PV valid from date to 04.11.2010 and then do the Ciffing.

There is one more status cross plant specific status we can block the materail for use at Gloabal level..

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am more confused now.

I have created one more test in which I kept the settings same like errored out material with different dates and then tried CIFed and all went smooth. It went into APO.

Now how do I analyse for what reason the first material got error for CIF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Found.

User have created the PIR first time without SNP Version. The PIR was transferred to APO. When user realised he changed the PIR and added the Version SNP and resent the data to APO but the IMs are created for only Changes and not for the initial transfer and hence the data in APO was not updated and hence the error.

This was Process Error by User. Thanks a lot for debug and I close this thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh

I dont think there is a relation between enabling source list in purchasing view of mm02 and the pds getting created in APO. But iam not very sure .

When you create the BOM integration model i hope the option SNP is enabled for PDS type. Also in the integration model generation list do you see the 4 materials for which you have created PDS ? Do you get any error when you activate this IM ?

Thanks

Aparna