cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LogOut from WebDynpro(ABAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I need to provide a logout-functionalitiy within an WebDynpro-ABAP-Application, that is embedded in SAP-portal. But I don't know how to force the portal to log off the current user.

I found some threads, where the solution was to write JSP-Pages and so on - but that's rather complicated.

The most interessting solution was to just add "?logout_submit=true" at the "/irj/portal"-Url - that forces a logout and jumps back tp the login-page. But I don't know how I can call that URL! If I use NAVIGAT_ABSOLUTE of the portal-manager it tries to call something like ".../irj/portal?NavigationTarget=?logout_submit=true" - and that does not work.

Any hints on this? Thanx in advance!

Kind regards,

TopperDEL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Topper,

Rather than making logoff the Abap application, i will suggest the below link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/ep/epSnippet-Portaluseridletimeoutforlogoff-custom+javascript

Thanks

Anil

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like the NAVIGAT_ABSOLUTE is used to access a path in the PCD of the portal; therefore the: /irj/portal?NavigationTarget= part.

Create an iView (KM document with Javasscript or URL iView) in the portal that points to ?logout_submit=true. This iView will be stored in the PCD and therefor can be access by /irj/portal?NavigationTarget=pcd:portal_content/a/b/c/iView. Call this iView from your WDA application.

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

thanks, your hint was helpful. It does not close the complete portal but it's logging out the user completey. that works for the moment.

Thank you!

@Anil: your idea is interessting, but unfortunately not what I was looking for. I wanted to force a logout, not to prevent the idle-time logout.

Thanks so far!

TopperDEL