cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOST Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Everyone,

I have a specific user who sent out 4 POs' to supplier and only 1 PO Email notification was received successfully by the supplier.

The other 3 POs' Email notification did not reach the supplier.The POs' were sent out on the 14th and 15th of October.The system was migrated

on the 17th of Oct.

Technical Analysis Done By Me:-

Check all SMTP related configs, such as email background job (none cancelled), default domain (ok), smtp server is active and etc.

Then. I checked SOST for the email logs and I discovered no errors (indications were green) at all for the 4 POs'.All showed delivered successfully.

I checked SMQ1 and nothing was in stuck mode.But when I selected the "Display Document" for the 4 POs' in SOST, I encountered this error

"Errorneous data received from server.Application may not work properly".Initially I thought it was SAP GUI error but further investigation revealed

that its only happening for this specific user's 4 POs'which was sent out on 14th and 15th of Oct and whatever was sent out

by this same user on the 20th of Oct onwards did not trigger this error anymore.The user does not want to resend the items again for some reason.

Could this be related to the system migration which took place or can a functional or developer address this further ?

Hoping someone could shed some light on this as from technical perspective I think I have done all required.

Thanking everyone in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Just for the confimation, you can call your Mail server team and tell them to check the mail server log dated 14th and 15th oct.

That log will give you the exact status what was the problem.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly migrated? You had issues on 14th and 15th and you have migrated your system on 17th. This mean doesn't look like issue was due to migration.

You may not have the logs now of your work process, where you can check why these was not sent.

As per my knowledge if you can't see failed item or waiting item in SOST then I suspect you PO email not even reached to SOST hence will not go out. There may be something wrong in your PO creation in fuctional area. There should be a logs for your PO request your functional team to investigate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply, so in short I can eliminate system migration as an issue here.Yes no logs for work process is available.

In SOST, I cant see the 4 POs' in Failed or Waiting status, it clearly indicates as completed (in green) for all the 4 POs' and the logs says delivered successfully to the suppliers (email addresses). What more to convince the user that its been delivered.As you mentioned, the PO which is not delivered would not have reached SOST and how is that possible when it shows the PO in SOST as completed (in green).

What logs are you referring to here for the functional team to investigate, who has to generate this logs for the functional team to investigate, me or the functional person ?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the entries for SOST are green mean emails definately sent out from SAP. Sometime emails may go as Junk and will be in Junk folder.

You should be able to check your email sever logs if you have access or request your email admin team to investigate. They should have logs of emails in and out, where they can trace From and sent to.

I was referring if you can't see entries in SOST then only request your functional team to investigate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will check and see if I could get my admin team to provide some sort of logs.No notifications in the user's junk folder.I have checked on that.Also do u have any idea why the errorneous data received from server.application may not work properly message is occuring.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

errorneous data received from server.application may not work properly message

, generally this error occurs if have an issue with GUI patch or network issue.

Also as mentioned above If status is green in SOST that means mail is transferred from SAP to SMTP server and checking with mail server team might help.

Regards,

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you upgraded Kernel recently. I have seen same error on MIRO after upgrade to kernel 254.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

The kernel was not upgraded at all.Apparently there is one message in regards to parameter changes which is interrelated with my problem and able to resolve.Its just that I came across sometime back but now I cant seem to be able to find it.

Anyone here has any idea on parameter changes for this issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This problem been resolved successfully.This was resolved by a resent.

Thank you all.