cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing WebDynpro Themes and reflecting it in SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam new to Webdynpro abap.My requirement is to change the theme for my webdynpro abap application and reflect that in SAP Netweaver portal.

Let me tell you what i have done so far,

1) I followed all the threads posted regarding the above problem but no thread provided me a clear solution about it.

2)I have downloaded the pre-existing theme using report wd_themes and i was able to modify it using Eclipse tool .But iam not able to upload the modified theme using the report wd_themes.

3) I tried reflecting the Preexisting themes in webdynpro application using the URL Parameter WDTHEMEROOT in the format specified.

http://host:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zana_test?sap-client=100&sap-cssurl=/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/nw5/them...

Stylesheet is not reflecting in the output of the Webdynpro application.

4)Using theme editor in portal ,can we directly edit the theme of the webdynpro application.

5)What is the use of the URL Parameter WDFORCEDEXTERNALSTYLESHEET in Webdynpro application.

6)What is the use of the handler class CL_HTTP_EXT_WEBDAV_PUBLIC.

please help me to solve this .

Thanx in advance,

M.Karthiheyan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Use WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET in portal webdynpro Iview application parameter to get the issue solved.

Regards

M.Karthiheyan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are running within the Portal, then you shouldn't use the external theme editor or the backend themes. The themes come from the Portal itself. You should use the Theme Editor built into the Portal and modify the theme for the entire Portal.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/019e1784ff4aa5e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas jung,

Thanks for your reply. I tried using the Theme Editor built within the portal to edit the webdynpro Themes.But it was not getting reflected.My webdynpro abap application lies in another system and Iam connecting it through the webdynpro abap iview.

I havn't added any URL parameter to the webdynpro application.I edited the color of the button under Simple elements category of inbuilt theme editor,it was applied all over the portal except the webdynpro application running in the portal.

I want to change the look and feel of webdynpro application running withing the portal using portal themes only.

Help me Thomas.

Regards

M.Karthiheyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

There may be a version conflict.

have you tried with WDFORCEDEXTERNALSTYLESHEET switch on.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>My webdynpro abap application lies in another system and Iam connecting it through the webdynpro abap iview.

As would always be the case with Web Dynpro ABAP. Still the portal themes should work, unless your Portal is at a lower release or enhancement package level than your ABAP backend system. Then the WDA application will automatically fall back to its local themes in order to protect itself from rendering errors by using the older versions of MIMEs in the Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Yes I tried setting WDFORCEDEXTERNALSTYLESHEET to true..But the portal theme is not getting reflected.

Do i have to set sap-ep-themeroot or sap-cssurl in the application parameter of webdynpro abap iview so that it can recognize portal theme.

Iam Struggling with this.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

>...the WDA application will automatically fall back to its local themes in order to protect itself from rendering errors by using the older versions of MIMEs in the Portal.

How to change the local default theme that WDA refers?

Can I refer local themes for application specific?

Regards

M.karthiheyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have had the same problem. I have uploaded my custom theme to portal. My portal was on lower version than my Webdynpro ABAP. Hence i couldnt see the Theme changes.

I have added the application parameter (double click application and then Parameter TAB ) WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET = X.

That works.

see the link [ Link to theme|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/af752005c92fe1e10000000a42189d/content.htm]

to evaluate HOW theme is working.

Edited by: Baskaran Senthivel on Nov 9, 2010 2:44 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas,

>

> How to change the local default theme that WDA refers?

> Can I refer local themes for application specific?

>

> Regards

> M.karthiheyan

There are URL and Application parameters for this. You should read the following help page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

In particular WDTHEMEROOT. However if you are running within the portal, the recommendation is that you make sure your portal is at a higher or equal releas/enhancement package level and you use the portal theme editor. If you fall back to the local themes, you must edit them with the standalone theme editor and manage them on the backend ABAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

The portal is at lower version than abap stack..Thanks for your support ,now iam able to achieve theme changes to webdynpro application without integrating into portal.

But by providing WDFORCEXTERNALSTYLESHEET parameter 'ON' in webdynpro ,it should apply portal theme? But it was not reflecting..

Where am I missing...

Anticipating your reply

Regards

M.Karthiheyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am sorry, I am digging out this old thread and making you respond to my problem via this thread. Not sure if it's appropriate.

I have a similar requirement - I need to change the font of the HR Wd4A application that is integrated with the portal. With this I need to make sure other applications remain intact and no change should be visible in those application.

Could you please refer to my thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3157464 and and kindly share your valuable thoughts? You may just respond to that thread and I will brief you about my issue.

Would appreciate your valudable inputs as I am in the middle of the project.

Many thanks in advance.

Swanand