cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clubbing Items in Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation where we have multiple deliveries for the same customer. However, we get them clubbed into a single invoice. But the problem is that some of the deliveries have the same material and when they go into the invoice, they come as different items, though with the same material id. The customer wants the invoice to have a single item if teh material id is the same. Looking into the invoice, it doesn't look like this can be done as there are fields in the Invoice item like delivery number and delivery item which obviously can not hold two separate numbers. I checked if we could manage with the copy control routines, but doesn't seem doable either.

Can anybody give any ideas if this is doable? Alternatively, I was wondering if we could do soemthing like an invoice list but that doesnt seem to be an alternative at all.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member274400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vidya Sagar,

Do not do this. It will create issue in FI area. As generally we pass delivery number through allocation and reference, if you build any logic then referencing to delivery by item in billing will get lost and then FI will have issue. Avoid such requirements

Regards,

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukul. I appreciate your recommendation. I was thinking otherwise too. But then I was wondering if there is any alternative to suit teh customer requirement, one way being let the invoice be created as is but modify the output to suit teh customer need. However, this would work for customers with print output but I am more concerned about the EDI customers.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya

former_member274400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya Sagar,

Do they want in out put?

Regards,

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the customer is just bothered about the output. But my client is more interested in doing this in the invoice itself. This is because of an Issue with the FI postings. Many of our invoices run to a huge no of items, sometimes not posting to accounting becuase of the max no of lines in FI Accounting Doc(999). As such they would want to club items with the same material id which would substantially reduce the no. of items in the invoice. Our FI team is working on the summarization issue which would solve the issue of not posting to accounting but that still has a long way to go to Production. Even if the summrization is set, the client would still want to explore this requirement I am talking about so that they can have output in sync with the actual invoice which doesnt seem to be doable.

Let me give you a better pictre - We are in SAP AFS, the customer sends in a single purchase order with different quantities of the same material. Due to some restrictions, the same purchase order is split into multiple sales orders and each order gives a single delivery. The deliveries are then clubbed and invoiced together. Now that the customer gives a single purchase order, he expects to see a single invoice which is understandable. So, I recommended just modifying the output and giving it to the customer. But that doesnt seem to be possible with EDI output. Not that it is not possible, it is too complex though.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya

former_member274400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vidya Sagar,

For EDI, it will be really complex. But clubbing items into invoice will definately will have issue in future transactions like accounting document ( as tracebility will be lost) or even for your return or any price adjustment with credit memo or debit memo. Even you will not able to build any code to identify source... Be careful for such requirement...I feel it is not best practice

Regrads,

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukul, I've actually been against to doing any ABAP work to suit this requirement. I was just trying to see if there was any possibility at all using which we could accomplish this. But as reiterated by you, I would recommend my client agianst persuing this requirement.

I think I have a point in justifying myself not to persue this becuase of traceability issues in returns and price adjustments.

Thanks for feedback.

Regards,

Vidya

Edited by: VIDYA SAGAR DADI on Nov 8, 2010 12:02 PM