cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7 SP21 NWDI - problem checking in XSS SP18 archives into track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've recently built a NW 7 NWDI system - NW7 7.0 SP21 with all SP21 NWDI patches & latest CIM model & content imported (Oct 2010).

CMS was then sync'd with the updated SLD/CIM content.

I created 2 XSS SP16 tracks last week to support development work which worked ok - all XSS development archives were checked-in & imported into the Dev & Consolidation tabs in NWDI and the developers were then able to use their Developer studios to implement and deploy their XSS developments.

I'm now looking to create 2 more tracks to support an XSS SP16 --> SP18 patch cycle and have downloaded all the XSS SP18 SCA files. However I've hit a problem with the creation of the first SP18 track. When I'm in the "check-in" archives in the NWDI CMS Transport Studio, one of the SP18 SCA files is not listed for check-in, all others are ok. The SAPEU22* SCA files are located in the CMS inbox with all the other files but are missing in the list of files available for check-in. To test I copied out the SP18 SCA files to a temporary folder and copied in the SP16 files into the CMS inbox directory. After refreshing the "check-in" I had all the SP16 files listed, including the SAPEU SCA's for SP16.

I've read other threads which suggested the SLD/CIM was inconsistent with the CMS track data but I've sync'd the CMS with the SLD/CIM which was updated to the latest available.

This is a strange problem and is stopping me from defining the XSS SP18 tracks to support the SP16 --> SP18 patching process.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the SAPEU22* SCA archives to be listed for "check-in" into the new track ?

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

as discussed recently in the message, the SAPEU has been assembled incorrectly (most likely not even via assembly but by exporting the SC from the development buildspace). We identified this and the correction upload to the marketplace is under way.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

many thanks.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

many thanks for your reply. I reviewed OSS 1259604 but everything appears to be as it should be. The SAPEU22 SCA file is not corrupt and after I unpack it the manifest file says SAP-EU, which is what the SLD/CIM name is.

hnnwdsji01s:s01adm 134% more SAP_MANIFEST.MF

componentelement: <componentelement name="SAP-EU" vendor="sap.com" componenttype="SC" s

ubsystem="NO_SUBSYS" location="MAIN_APL70P22_D" counter="1000.7.00.22.

0.20100614103401" scvendor="sap.com" scname="SAP-EU" release="7.00" se

rvicelevel="22" patchlevel="0" deltaversion="F" updateversion="APL70P2

2.06110533" componentprovider="SAP AG"/>

I raised a message with SAP on this but as yet I'm no nearer to finding out why the XSS SP18 SAPEU* SCA files are missing in the list of SCA's to be checked-in.

Regards,

Brian.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

ok, let's continue the investigation in the ticket. Of course, as soon as we get a solution for this, I'll protocol it in here so it may be useful for others for in their future search.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

please doublecheck the note:

#1259604 -- CMS check-in tab: Not all files from inbox are displayed

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1259604)

I'd also suggest to check the manifest file inside the SC because it happens that due to a false delivery the manifest file is wrongly created and to mention on example in SLD it is maintained as SAP-EU but in the manifest file you find SAP_EU (or vica versa) and so the SC cannot be recognized at checkin. (We experienced the same in the past regarding the component KMC_CM vs KMC-CM). If I have some time I do this check for you.

Best Regards,

Ervin

P.S.: I've seen you have also opened a ticket by us about this.