cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Assign Delimiter in BLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to Load a csv file to xMII.... I followed the steps given in the thread Re:Loading text file to xMII.. I am getting error in the following step:

Sequence_3; StringListToXmlParser, Link Expression "YourDelimiter" to String_List_To_Xml_Parser_0.Delimiter

I am not able to assign Delimiter..

Sweety

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the link editor, open the StringListTo XMLParser node in the right window. There you will find the Delimiter Property. Use the "," comma for a csv file.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no property called Delimiter.... there is only Input, Output and TrimWhitespace..

Sweety

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks you are using the StringToXMLParser. This actionblock have exactly the properties that you mention. You must

use the actionblock StingListToXMLParser.

Cheers.

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I am using StringListToXml only..I have another property StripQuotes.... The version I am working with is 11.5.1 will that be a problem???

Sweety

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

with xMII 11.5 you have no chance to setup/change the delimiter. The delimiter is fix "," (comma).

BR

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the version indeed makes the difference. Seems that in 11.5 the list have to be comma separated. Late MII versions allow the input of a delimiter...see also 11.5 help: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Business_Logic_Services/stringlisttoxmlconverter.htm].

@Hi Pedro! Hope you're doing fine. Can you confirm this? I do not have a 11.5 system at hand...

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyway If the Delimiter is fixed and I am using csv file separated with commas only..... I should be able to load it to xMII without assigning it.. but there is no data found

Sweety

Former Member
0 Kudos

You goal is: reading a text file with a comma separated list, convert in to xml, right?

- have you checked if the file has been read correctly? Is the output of the text loader ok?

- if yes, have you linked the loader output to the Inout property of the StringListToXmlParser?

- if yes, is the StringListToXmlParser.Success flag true?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added a Tracer after each step.. The Loader output is OK. The FileFlatParser output is OK. and the StringListToXml's Success value is true. I have only 3 rows in the csv file. The Repeater is looping thrice but there is no Data in it.

Sweety

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

So there are 3 rows output from the parser. Please trace the complete StringListToXmlParser.Output and have a look at it. Are the values really emtpy, of is the Repeater link wrong?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the output... Instead of assigning the Row/Line.. I assigned it to the output

Thank you

Sweety

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

yes I am doing fine. Hope you too. I can confirm you this.

BR

Pedro

Answers (0)