cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain standard cFolder Generic Object Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PLM/cFolder experts,

In the WebDAV portal in Windows Explorer I can see our customised Generic Object Types in folder 'GenericObjects' and Icons (*.gif) in folder 'Icons' but I cannot see any standard cFolder Generic Object Types i.e. Document (doc_de_create).

I was wondering if it was possible to maintain these standard object types and if so, how we go about it?

We are wanting to add a customised field or two preferably at the collaboration header level or at the sub-folder level or even document level to capture some additional data regarding the documents being stored.

Thanks in advance.

Kyle.

I've found a threat here that discusses adding a field to a generic object but the associated solution appears to apply to version 4.5, we are on PLM 4.0. Is there any hope for us?

Edited by: Kyle Freeman on Nov 9, 2010 11:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the standard objects in cFolders folder, material, document and BOM are not generic objects, that's why you do not see them in the GenericObjects folder.

Only MPN (4.0 and higher) and ECN (4.5 and higher) are generic objects.

You can extend objects with additional data with the object categories functionality. This additional data is on the object level though, not at the object version level.

The thread you mentioned refers to the same capability. This can be done also in 4.0.

Regards, Ulf.