Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro application to pass multile selection result to portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is what I need to emulate.....

I can already pass a low value and execute the transaction request using a standard Portal SAP Transaction Iview.

I can also pass a range. What I cannot do is pass many individual single values (Multiple selection) as these are handled by a selection screen in the transaction. The portal will pass all the name value pairs in a URL, including the TCode.

How to handle this with the help of WDA....???

Regards,

Nik...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are looking for a way to get the URL parameter passed from iView then

you can use something like this in DoInit of the component controller.

WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestObject().getParameter

There is a wiki/code snippets about this on SDN.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> if you are looking for a way to get the URL parameter passed from iView then

>

> you can use something like this in DoInit of the component controller.

>

>

>

> WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestObject().getParameter

>

>

> There is a wiki/code snippets about this on SDN.

This seems to be a Web Dynpro Java code sample in the Web Dynpro ABAP forum. Please do not post Web Dynpro Java code samples here as that will just confuse peoplel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Nihkil,

Sorry for the wrong Suggestion.

Thanks to Thomas for pointing out.

Here is the WIKI link for the URL parameters.

[ WIKI URL parameters|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/HowtoreadURLparametersinWebDynprofor+ABAP]

Edited by: Baskaran Senthivel on Nov 8, 2010 4:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

If i explain my requirement in detail it is as below:-

In my sap portal i am getting a URL with 10 parameters(dynamic values) in it.

Now in background i have to pass these parameters as multiple selection (as in SAP selection screen) in a sap standard tcode (Suppose IH06) where it only takes the low & high value (which by default displayed in selection screen by default). When the user click on this url in portal.

The result(report) should get displayed in portal itself using that selection criteria.

The problem is i cannot give the selection screen to user to fill the multiple selection. all should be happen in backend and return the report and there is nothing in portal where i can pass values to fill the multiple selection (as popup in sap for multiple selection)

I though we can do something in WDA which can help me to come out of this problem. It is something like BDC for multiple selection running in background i want to achieve.

@Thomos: if you can suggest something that will be gr8.

Regards,

Nik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was thinking some like this. Please see if it is fitting to your requirement.

From Portal you can call the webdynpro application with 10 parameters.

Webdynpro application ,receives the parameters from the window handler method described in the wiki.

The Dynamic parameters , you fill to the seltab and call the /class/Function module to get the result.

you can send the result (object) as Portal event back to the Running application, which receives the portal event and Displays the report.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I believe you will have problems passing complex select-option values via the URL interface. I would suggest an alternative. Write a wrapper dynpro application. From your WDA, serialize your select-option range table and write the XSTRING into a server cookie. Pass the GUID for the cookie as the only URL parameter to your dynpro wrapper application. The Dynpro wrapper application is what you actually call via the ITS. The Dynpro wrapper then uses the GUID parameter to read the server cookie and perform a SUBMIT REPORT passing in the complex range values using normal ABAP techniques. This is the techinque I use whenever I have something too large or too complex to pass via URL parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Sorry for asking a detail clarification on this as i am not getting it clear and few of the things are gone over my head. I am not an expert in WDA, only understand bits and pieces of it.

If i explain from a user end, He/She will get a image screen through some 3rd party url in which (image) he/she can selects 'N' number of points (which are passed as URL paramenters to portal ) and he/she gets a report in portal back from SAP like IH06. my requirement is not restricted to 1-2 transaction like IH06 it can have more than 10 transactions/reports. So i cannot make a custom report for IH06. The solutions should be generic which can be used with any transcation's/ report's multiple selection values in selection screen( for select-options it works perfect).

Regards,

Nik

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wish to pass complex data across appln, then explore the usage of Shared memory. You can move the data to shared memory and then in next appl. retrieve the data from the mem location using the ID.

Check the WIKI for easy understanding. [Shared Memory WIKI| http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/5oOrCw];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharath,

I have reached up to some extent and now stuck at a point where i have a portal transactional iview URL(of tcode IH06) and i have to pass my internal table / variable / GUID to the screen multiple selection in backend itself (my WDA Application through programming ) to return the result in portal back.

Can you please put some lite on it.

Regards,

Nik