cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting the quotation to the different Sales orders- with doc types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement : My client wants to create the quotation from Lead and Opertunity..

Company sells the High tech sofware as well Maintanence, customer may buy both together or only hightech products

But he both the products can go together up to Quotation.

When the quotation is converting into the sales order, we want to change the logic and apply new logic- Program has to create High tech products as sales order and Maintanence products as Contact (i.e both of them has to create two different doc types)

Both the sales order and Contract has to call two different pricing procedures..

Please explain to help the following

a. What is the program name / Function module that we need to modify to split the sales orders based on the products ?

b, Setting up the two different pricing procedures, so that based on the item category and doc type it should carry the new pricing procedure..

Can some one help me to provide the steps in sequence..

Thanks

Larry

Edited by: Larry Troy on Nov 8, 2010 4:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Copying the products from quotation to only sales orders and services to only contracts can be done with the help of copy controls. If we donot maintain the copy controls between quotation and sales order at item level for services (relevant item category), the copying can be controlled. Similarly, copy controls between quotation and contract at item level should control copying the products and should allow only services. System will give information about not copying the items while creating the subsequent documents(contract or sales order).

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why dont you use two different types of quotations to track leads for sales of software and maintenance contract?

You can then use QT quotation type for sales of software and then you can create an order when the quotation materialises. For your maintenance contract you can use AV (Quotation for contract) kind of quotation and then create a WV(Service and Maintenance) kind of contract.

Thanks

Indranil