cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access CProjects in Sol Man

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've been looking through the SAP Project management tools and have started familiarising myself with SOLAR01 / 02, RMMAIN, etc but have found through digging in Google that SAP has another set of project management tools called CProjects. (By all accounts you can do Gantt charts, resource scheduling and all that Jazz?)

I think it is installed in our Sol Man solution as I can give my user the Auths required for access to CProjects inc SAP_CPR_PROJECT_ADMINISTRATOR etc.

However I cannot yet find out how to access the CProject menu's etc (if they exist as such). Can you give me some help here as to what these menu items are and how do I confirm that CProjects is actually fully installed.

Also are there any other SAP PM Tools my system should contain?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mapp,

The features of Solman and cProjects complement each other to provide a complete toolset for effective project management.Solman project can be extended to cProjects to manage project phases and tasks.

To access cProjects via Solman, navigate to Environment -> Project IMG -> Select 'Logical Component' cProjects Suite or use transaction SOLAR02 and navigate to Solutions/Applications -> mySAP PLM -> Configuration Structures -> SAP cProject Suite 4.5 -> Basic Settings for cProjects.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PradeepKumar

I was not able to find the CProjects options as per your instructions but under SOLAR02 I was able to find the "Environment -> Project IMG -> Select 'Logical Component' " section, however CProjects does not feature as an option to select, I get BW Server, XI, and Portal Server options but not CProjects.

Is this likely to mean that CProjects is not installed in our SolMan Solution?

Thanks

Regards

Tyrone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.Suggest you touchbase with your Basis guy and add cProjects suite 4.X logical component as part of your system landscape.Once done,you will be able to view cProjects as an option.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PradeepKumar

Thanks for that info, I am the new basis guy so I guess that's me, nothing like getting your hands dirty fast

Answers (0)