cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send form output to spool (sumbit to spool)

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to develop a program where user will select the form name(sel screen) and i have to send the form output to spool without displaying it to the user. There will be 5-6 different forms(customized or standard) in the search help of my prog from where user will select.

Now I am planning to use submit (driver program of that form) to spool , but when I am submitting the driver prog of smartform/adobi from my prog, o/p is getting displayed to me and not going to spool. Can you please help.

But when i am submitting a normal program which is having write statements, then o/p of that program is going to spool.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Regards

Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to indicate all print parameters before opening tha smartform/adobe form

Max

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Do you mean any property in program A and in function module 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS' or

any property in program B(driver program of form) before displaying the form. Can you please tell me that property as I am not able to figure out.

Thanks and Regards

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

No

The print parameters have to be transfered to the function module generated fotmthe form, so in the driver program.

See the inteface of the form, here u can indicate the device output, to print immedietly or to send to spool and so....

Max

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

submit driver_prog_of_form to spool cannot work, as we need to set the parameters of the form in driver prog only to send the form o/p to spool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, EVERY printout you do is sent to spool, no reason to do anything different.

all you need to do is edit your print options so that it wont print directly but stay in spool.

in SAP-SCRIPT this would be ITCPO-TDIMMED = space.

And forget about that submit to spool thingie, that is something completeley different. Just stay with normal form processing.

Edited by: Florian Kemmer on Nov 8, 2010 12:23 PM

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the reply. I am sending adobe form output directly to spool.

Now the spool is already in pdf format, i need to write this pdf spool to application server. How should i go about this. Please help.

Regards

Manu