cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load data with attribute value for category (taxonomy)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I understand the 4 steps to import taxonomy structure, creating the attribute and its value and linking to the category. However, I do not quite understand how I can import/load the main data that includes the attribute value.

For example,

Category Disks has attribute Capacity (numeric)

Category Highlighters has attribute Colour (text)

Meaniing I have different categories with different attributes.

Main Data:

Product ID Category Attribute Value

Harddisk Disks Capacity 100

Markers Highlighters Colour Blue

In this case, how should I do the mapping in Import Manager? I am able to map the category but I do not know how I should map the attribute. Appreciate any help or reference on the above.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For importing maindata with category attribute and attribute value,you hav to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Map Product ID and Category fields to destination fields

2. for mapping Attribute and attribute Value,go to configuration option and set "Attribute Display" to "As attribute value hierarchy" and in the source fields select attribute and attribute value fields and create hierarchy by right click on both the fields and selct create hierarchy.

3.now map the source hierarchy field that we created in step 2 to the attribute/value category field in the destination side that at the last in the list.

4. now map the value in the map value section.

kindly follow the steps at your side and revert back with results.

Thanks,

sudhanshu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhanshu,

I have a question on step 2. How do I create the hierarchy with the following structure in the spreadsheet (for example)?

Product ID Category Attribute Value

Harddisk Disk Capacity 100

Markers Highlighters Colour Blue

When I fill up the following information when creating the hierarchy:

Hierarchy field name: AttributeValue

Parent field: Attribute

Child field: Value

Node name field: None

I get the following error:

Cannot find parent ID value 'Capacity' in field ID 'Value' of table "Content"

Is that how I should set up the hierarchy?

Appreciate your enlightenment on this.

Cheers!

SF

Edited by: SF on Nov 9, 2010 8:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

There is one change required.

Instead of creating hierarchy field you have to partion the field attribute by attribute value and then map this partion field to

attribute/value field.Kindly do the partion before mapping to destination fields.

for partioning "Attribute" by "AttributeValue".Follow the below mentioned steps.

1.Go to Partion field/value value tab in import manager.

2.select attribute field in source hierarchy

3.shift attribut value fiels to right side in partition by section.

4.Now you can see attribut and attribute value field in partion by section and in field mapping tab you see attribute[partion] instead of attribute

5.map this attribute[partion] field to attribute/value field in destination side.

If you need more clarification then kindly get back to us.

Thanks,

sudhanshu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

I was able to create the partition field (attribute and value) but I was not able to map to the Category [Attributes] field on the Destination field section. I can only map to the fields underneath it but they are the actual attribute themselves.

Anyway, just FYI, I have also used another method, i.e. create a pivot table for the attribute and value field. So far, I have only tested with one column called Attribute and one column called Value on my spreadsheet. In the case of a record having multiple attributes, I am curious as to what is the best format for the spreadsheet. Do we create multiple records of the same item with different attribute (i.e. multiple rows)? Or do we maintain multiple sets of the attribute/value columns.?

Appreciate your help on the above (re partition solution).

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Kindly check in Configuration options in import manager what is set for attribute display.It should be attribute/value hierarchy.

I am sure the problem is just because of this configuration setting.

Kindly check and revert with results.

Thanks,

sudhanshu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you. The solution of partitioning works with the other options I mentioned earlier. Cheers!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF

Form your example:

Product ID; Category; Attribute Value

One record contain only one product category( Harddisk Disks or Markers)

Your source structure should be:

Product ID, Product category, Disks Capacity, Highlighters Colour

1 Harddisk Disks 100

2 Markers Colour Blue

in that case you map product category accordingly product category in your repository

and your attributes accordingly attributes in your repository

In your source in Import manager:

Source Destignation

Product category -> Product category

Disks Capacity -> Disks Capacity

Highlighters Colour -> Highlighters Colour

Best Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

Thanks very much for the information. I have tested and it worked. However, my only concern is that I have to put the attribute as the field on each column. If you know of an alternative way, would appreciate if you can let me know. But for the time being, this is a good solution for me.

Cheers!

SF