cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep waiting time between processed messages !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have got one scenario required waiting time between processed messages. The problem as follows !!

File --> Proxy scenario. I receive 15 messages from sender side (same messages structure) so working with one interfaces. File picking and transforming this message and split into 2 messages. messages are receiving to receiver. I am using BPM with 7,8 steps like receiving step, block , message transformation step , internal block 1 for sender 1, internal block 2 for sender 2.

All things are working fine, messages are going to receiver properly. But customer requirement is , wait step required between processed messages before sender1. I have put wait step still, PI picks all messages in one shot processing and waiting for 2 minutes, after 2 minutes sending all messages at the same time, this process is not working.

I have tried with wait step in mapping (Sarvesh) given excellent idea, still PI works the same way.

Can someone please explain a bit why the messages or not waiting message by message. I am using EOIO with Queue name and file process mode "BY NAME" and I have tried "BY TIME" as well. I have given priority to this Queue. On BPM Queue assignment : One Queue.

Please I am expecting positive answer !!

Many Thanks in Advance

San

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u tried the Advanced option of Msecs to wait before Modification check on File adapter?

I guess adapter will pick a single file after a gap of 2 mins (in your case) present on application server.

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Can you please let me know where this option? is it on Source or Advanced tab. I did get this option. does this work for one interface. I am picking files with one interface.

your quick answer will very great!!

Many thanks

San

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The option is available on advance tab.

It should work for single interface as you are using only 1 sender channel I suppose.

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for quick reply. Are you talking about file adapter sender side with NFS. I have 3 options like attributes, status and advance mode for additional parameters file size etc.,

If you dont mind can you please put steps, which is very big help.

Regards

San

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Advanced mode option on Advanced Tab.

Put the value '120000' in the parameter "Msecs to wait before Modification check".

I hope you are able to see parameter??

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Many Thanks

San

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe there is something wrong with wait step value or with its location in the block (in bpm).

can you plz upload the bpm screen shot and provide the link?

you can upload it image on sdn also.

thnks

farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi San,

basically its in the TA SWWA (SWWDHEX) where the job is scheduled which checks if the deadline condition is achieved and if so it starts workflow, could you pls check the job config.

Furthermore the following OSS note 824397 - XI cache: Time units of deadlines and wait steps.

Not sure about your PI release and BPM model, do you create separate process instance for each file, or do you process files collecting them in one single instance? Are you using parallelization within your ccBPM ?

To me it looks like your issue is not in ccBPM but rather more in polling files (as per your post file CC polls all 15 files in one shot). So if you wish to poll the files not at the same time some workaround is required. Possible options you could check out:

A. Either implement "wait" in your mapping based on file name or other criteria (e.g. directory name). Check out if respective BPM instances are really created at different times.

B. Try polling different files (or use different directories) with different channels and coordinate starting / stopping of your channels by scheduling availability for each CC in RWB. E.g. you poll file 1 with CC 1. You start 2 minutes later CC 2 and poll file 2. And so on.

Regards

Rudolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolf Yaskorski ,

Not sure about your PI release and BPM model, do you create separate process instance for each file, or do you process files collecting them in one single instance? Are you using parallelization within your ccBPM ?

I am using serialization, I don't think bpm can do Parallization until PI 7.0, but PI 7.11 has got has queue assignment. But I am using one queue. This must be serialization.

To me it looks like your issue is not in ccBPM but rather more in polling files (as per your post file CC polls all 15 files in one shot). So if you wish to poll the files not at the same time some workaround is required. Possible options you could check out:
A. Either implement "wait" in your mapping based on file name or other criteria (e.g. directory name). Check out if respective BPM instances are really created at different times.

I have used wait step in mapping. These 15 messages has to go through one interface. So I am using one interface. But I have checked mapping process time in all messages on receiver system. Shows same timing, even though I put 40000 ms waiting time in mapping.

B. Try polling different files (or use different directories) with different channels and coordinate starting / stopping of your channels by scheduling availability for each CC in RWB. E.g. you poll file 1 with CC 1. You start 2 minutes later CC 2 and poll file 2. And so on.

I am not clear about this . On BPM waiting step is working and it keeps wait all messages, which are coming through one interface. Then it releases all messages at the same time.

I don't know how to resolve this. I have tried with Transport acknowledgment, but all messages are going to reciver system waiting at receiver system in priority queue and processing in EOIO, but taking so long. Rather all messages go and sits in queue, I want to stop messages by message with 2 minutes time gap. How please?

Kind Regards

San