cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sFTP with PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does the PI 7.1 version have new abilities to connect to SFTP protocol compared to older versions

(I work now with xi 3.0 sp 19)?

Thank you

Elad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SFTP has been supported by PI 7.0 as well as in PI 7.1.. but I am using SFTP adapter while communicating with teh third party..

You can very well use teh SFTP protocol in PI 7.1....

Thanks

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viru,

sFTP has been supported by PI 7.0?

Can you explain?

Thank you

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

sFTP has never been supported by PI - only FTPS is supported by the file adapter.

You can use following workaround:

Storing a File by sFTP:

Use File Adapter to store file on local app server plus call a operating system script that will do the sFTP transfer from app server to target server. In case you have a unix based app server, sFTP is a built in functionality.

Of course, this approach does have some disadvantages but at least you will be able to use your PI to transfer by sFTP.

Retrieve a File by sFTP:

Works the same. Here, first call the OS Script that will retrieve the file from source Server to local App Server. Then use file Adapter to get the file form local app.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thank you for your answer.

I know about these possibilities, right now I worked with winSCP and script.

I' m looking for butter way to do this.

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

other option would be to use the SAP demo adapter and write your own SFTP Adapter based on this.

This should not require to much knowledge but is more work than the script variant.

There might even be openSource adapters available on the internet as your problem is quite common.

best regards,

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

SFTP is not supported in any of the PI version. You can opt for Seeburger adapter for SFTP.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra