cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

r/3 to file using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a typical scenario..Here it goes...

" I am using RFC as sender and receiver is a file. I need response back to R/3..The response should contain 2 things...

1. when PI hits the file I need the time stamp of that particular instance

2. Contents of the file should come back to R/3..

Can any one suggest me any good blogs and how the scenario should be designed..

Thanks,

Gowri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowri,

you'll need ccBPM with sync/asynch bridge for this requirement.

Pls refer to http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/43/d92e428819da2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

There are several articles on SDN about synch/asynch bridge as well, just search for it.

You can store within ccBPM the timestamp required (assigne container variable) and map it later on with message payload before sending response back from BPM to your RFC (file IF to RFC Response).

Regards

Rudolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolf,

Thanks for the reply.

I need the timestamp ar receiver side before the processising begins not after the processing.

I am thinking of send, receive and synchronus send steps in BPM for this scenario..is it going t work..

Thanks,

Gowri

Edited by: Gowri M on Nov 8, 2010 8:01 PM

Edited by: Gowri M on Nov 9, 2010 4:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowri,

not sure what timestamp you are referring about, there are several options to get timestamps for later usage in your process, e.g.:

1. Get timestamp during the mapping

2. Request from BPM system acknowledgement back from receiver and use timestamp of ack once received in BPM

3. Generate timestamp as part of your filename (setting in file CC)

If you really require timestamp from file RCV CC when the mess is already in CC but before further processing steps in CC I think you should validate custom adapter module. Then you ll get more control and can get timestamp exactly at the timepoint you need. However you will be required to provide that timestamp to BPM back (you could store it in target mess payload, or again as a part of file name, or any other alternative place).

Check this thread as well, may be you can avoid ccBPM at all:

BR

Rudolf

Answers (0)