cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP DP SAP restoration problem

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

I have HP DP 6.11 evaluation three month free edition for Suse Linux 10 SP2 64 bit enterprise version. i Have successfully installed hp dp server in my DEV server.

My HP DP configuration is OK, I am getting backup properly. I have created an other test machine which is also linux based and installed SAP netware DEV test server. when i am trying to resotre live DEV server backup in test DEV server, I sucessfully restore but when i am trying to connect SAP GUI i am facing error. also unable to stop database.

fruther more.

I decded to take backup of live sap DEV server (Filesystem based) and restore in test DEV server. again i am facing problem to restore. when i am using HP DP GUI based restoration i am facing error "Bad Option" and i dont know how to use CLI restoration command.

Kinly help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

We did not performed post system refreshed we want to check the backup on another SAP test server.Yes we kept the same SID of database and SAP instances. we are using MAXDB. Can you please guide me where I can find Trans.log file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you performed restore have performed the post system refresh? Are you keeping same SID? Which DB you are using? have you checked 'R3trans -d' what you get in trans.log?