cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several processes in SM50 show status as stopped and reason SLEEP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several batch jobs that are running and then sometime it shows up status "stopped" and Reason "SlEEP". There have been some slow DB writes but not sure what I can do about this.

Should I let them go and let them resolve themselves. Sometimes these jobs will cause performance issues.

Or do I delete cancel them to restart in the low usage periods.

Thansk

Weyland Yutani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Not sure about your KERNEL PATCH LEVEL.

Check this note..

Note 1357780 - Long "stop" status for batch proc.; reason for wait "sleep"

Secondly as Dibya said...

Look a closer look at work proces trace file,

if you do not see any info desired....

increase the "TRACE LEVEL" of work process and chase for reason log in tracef file.

WORKPROCESS Trace info should give some clue / info to do a deep dive analyiss of your issue.

If you avail SAP Verion/ Kernel Version/ DB Version / OS Version ...

give more light to the signing in users to put their comments close to your issue.

We are sure, With Dibya reply itself, you would have got the reasons for the issue.

Finally,

What is your system utlization during peakload to rate low usage periods.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the work process developer traces inside the work directory to see what is the actual problem.

Then also check the database logs to confirm whether there are any problems at the db level, for example if you are on Oracle with the db-writer, log-writing, log-switching, etc.

Then try to tune your system & if even then it remains a bottleneck, schedule the batch jobs during times of low system load.

- Regards, Dibya