cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In TDSHL, no table excluded = complete database export?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

We get the same issue that is a complete database export generated WITHOUT the expected size reduction.

When executing the activity " Determine tables to be excluded from the export" , we did NOT exclude any table.

Is this the reason why a complete DB export created?

Because the export is done outside of cnv_mbt_tdms on OS level. If NO table is excluded, I do not see

any TDMS step can influence the export control file. If I am wrong, could you tell me which TDMS step

influence the control file to reduce the export size?

We truly have made sure that the default sapinst_dir is NOT used for the export, i.e. the *TPL file created by

R3ldctl is used by sapinst and export monitor.

Could you tell how to avoid this ?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the TPL file that you are using to see if it contains the NEGDAT section and that the NEGDAT section contains around 70 thousand tables.

If the above is correct then you are not doing the exports correctly i.e. the export process is not using this TPL file, it is using the default TPL file (with exclude table information).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj:

Thank you very much for your help.

Today is Sunday at USA and I am not able to remotely login to check. I will check first thing tomorrow morning.

Could you tell me what should be listed under NEGDAT? Only LICHECK and MLICHECK?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

a huge list of tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj:

I do see a huge list of table under NEGDAT.

Could you tell us how to avoid this when I try to export again?

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The huge list of table indicates that everything is correct and this should not be avoided.

For tables that are in this list, no data will be transferred during exports. TDMS process determines and adds this list of table for which no data should be transferred during exports.

Now the next important step for you is to ascertain that during exports this particular TPL file is used and not the default one (a new TPL file gets created when export starts, this TPL file should not be used instead the one that was edited by TDMS should be used)

Best regards,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We

1) log in as sidadm

2) check the env to make sure that SAPINST_CWD=(the dedicated TDMS install dir)

3) in export_monitor_cmd.properties ddlFile= ...TPL

Anything else missing so that we failed to create a dump which is not a complete DB export?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer the following -

1) Basis release of your sender system

2) Size of the exports dump for your last run

3) which OS, which DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj:

Here is the info:

1) Sender is at NW7ehp1;

2) The dump is 69 GB and the sender's DB is 230GB;

3) Oracle on NT.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The key over here is that you start the migration monitor in manual mode (by default it is marked to start automatically), and that the configurations file for the migration monitor is correctly configured to point to the right installation directory, the right exports directory and right TPL file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj:

Thanks a lot!

I will try again and update here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj:

I kicked off the export again 24 hours ago. It's still running. I think it's exporting

the entire DB.

Could you please tell me whether we have to exclude some tables?

Is excluding tables a must in order to avoid a complete DB export?

In both tries, we did not exclude any table.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

No table is to be excluded or included manually. The intelligence to exclude/include the relevant table data is built into the TDMS Shell process.

If the TPL file is correctly edited by SHell process i.e. contains the huge list of tables in the NEGDAT section and if the correct TPL file gets used during the export then everything should happen fine and a reduced export should happen and certainly it should not take 24 hours.

In your case i doubt that the export process is not using the correct TPL file.

Best regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj:

After we ran "R3ldctl -l .../shellcreat.log -p .../sapinst_dir" ( note: this sapinst_dir is NOT the default one).

We noted the timestamp of the generated *TPL file.

Then after executing TDMS activity " modify control files with exclude table info", we note the timestamp of

that *TPL file has not been changed.

-- we go thru the processing tree one by one except the optional "check size of large tables"

-- We did not exclude any table.

I think the timestamp should be changed after executing TDMS activity " modify control files with exclude table info".

I guess that is the only point TDMS can put the intelligence into the control file.

Do you agree?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not all TPL files are changed. In your case only DDLORA.TPL will be changed and also a backup of the original TPL file SAVEDDLORA.TPL is also created in the same directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following thread has step by step process to implement Shell package, you may want to refer to this -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj:

Thank you for help.

I did follow your link exactly -- however the only thing that I am not sure is the file called export_monitor_cmd.properties, because I do not know what should be in that file to get the desired results.

Could you and other experts have a look? (note: because we plan to manually copy the exported dump to the remote receiver, so we have not specified the ftp related parameters here.)

Thanks again.

1. Export Monitor options

1. Server operating mode

server

1. Client operating mode

#client

1. Exchange mode: ftp | net

#ftp

#net

1. Common options

1. List of export directories, separator on Windows on UNIX

exportDirs=/oracle/TST/saparch/DBExport/ABAP

1. Installation directory

installDir=/oracle/stage/sapinst_directory

1. Package order: name | file with package names

orderBy

1. DDL control file, default is DDL<DB_TYPE>.TPL

ddlFile= DBORA.TPL

1. File with mapping between DDL files and package names

#ddlMap

1. Monitor timeout in seconds

monitorTimeout=30

1. R3load options

1. Optional path of R3load executable

r3loadExe

1. Generation of task files: yes | no

tskFiles=yes

1. Code page for data files

dataCodepage=4103

1. Additional R3load arguments for TASK phase

taskArgs

1. Additional R3load arguments for LOAD phase

loadArgs

1. Number of parallel export jobs

jobNum=2

1. Network options

1. Network exchange directory

netExchangeDir

1. FTP options

1. Remote FTP host

1. Name of remote FTP user

1. Password of remote FTP user

1. List of remote FTP directories for export dump, separator

1. Remote FTP exchange directory

1. Number of parallel FTP jobs

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

Sorry. I initially wrote check *.STR .. *TPL file. Which is wrong.

I edited my message and changed TPL into TOC.

Your SAP Servers are on Unix and your DB is on Windows? (Interesting combo!)

Have you updated all R3* files + the migmon package?

marketplace - downloads -> support packages -> entry by applicationgroup -> additional components -> System copy tools for migmon and Sap kernel for the DB dependant R3 components.

Please do not miss the dbslib if you update the R3* files!

Best Regards

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj, Joerg and other experts:

Thank you for your help.

I am going to start a brand new try and will adopt all of your recommendations in ths try.

I have only one question here, in the link below:

Markus says:

- install the latest system copy tools (R3load, R3ldctl, R3szchk, libdb<database>slib.dll)

I believe there is a typo: libdb<database>slib.dll should be db<database>slib.so , e.g. dboraslib.so in my case?

Best regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is generally referred to as Oracle DBSL library and it is recommended to install the latest version of the same on the source system.

Also SAP Kernel on the source system should be updated to latest version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

The only item i can see is your sapinst folder that does not look like the normal sapinst-instdir.

Hm. Have your checked (grep withitn the ABAP/DATA folder) if an item of the negdat section of the DDLORA.TPL file is located within the *.STR file and not withit the *.TOC file of the same group.

That way you can determine if it is a reduced copy or not!

Best Regards

Joerg

Edited by: Joerg Wrage on Nov 11, 2010 1:43 PM

Updated TPL into TOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joerg:

I will try what you recommended.

By the way, you added "Updated TPL into TOC" at the last line of your reply. What does that mean?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

Please enter the full path to the DDLORA.TPL file. That should fix the problem!

Best Regards

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joerg:

I tried that as well. It did not make any difference.

Do you see anything else wrong in the export_monitor_cmd.properties? Please help.

Thanks you!