cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any transaction to show an NW is clustered or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no access to the OS .

I wonder is there any transaction showing the cluster info?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only one way if you are on AS-ABAP.

Run transaction SMMS (SAP Message Server Monitor), then Goto --> Parameters.

Check the hostname/ip of the host where message server is running. If it is clustered your message server will run on a virtual hostname different from the local hostname of your CI & other dialog instances (if any).

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dibya,

I have just installed an ECC system in a MSCS cluster with Oracle and, maybe I've done it wrong, in SMMS transaction I can see the central instance running in the same host as the database, and with the real hostname, not a virtual one. I can also see the dialog instance, running in the second MSCS node and with the real hostname. When you say virtual hostname, what do you mean? Have I to change the start profiles, so that the name is the virtual application/service MSCS name?

Thanks and best regards,

Ana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logon to OS level of any one of the server and open cluster administation tool. Can you please explain what are the groups you have and there usage?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

A lot of the SAP errors in Windows event viewer for instance come from system log

SM21 will show these errors

No direct way in SAP of showing cluster inforamtion or entries from cluster.log

on Windows side.

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

what exactly you are looking for?

In st04 you can see on which server the DB is running.

also use OS07 to and check for the processes running on each server, ie database process and ASCS process.