cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

without MRP, with BOM explosion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to SAP and learning SAP SCM. I would like someone to brief me on what the following lines imply, especially 'without MRP, with BOM explosion'.

"dependent requirements must be determined for materials that are planned in SAP ECC. So, you assign the MRP type “X0” with MRP procedure “X” (“without MRP, with BOM explosion”) to the materials planned in SAP SCM."

Thanks,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you assign MRP Type X0 for an material means that, this wil be a APO Planned material and can't be planned in ECC.

But forthe components of this materials Dep Reqmts will be created by exploding the BOM of the Header material( for which MRP Type X0) is assigned.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies. So for a material planned in ECC, their dependent materials should always be created in SCM or they can be planned in ECC too?. How do we determine it?

Thanks,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

MRP Type "X0" is given that means the material is planned in APO and not in ECC. For dependent materials BOM is exploded and can be planned in ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilesh for your reply. I understand how it works.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without MRP , with BOM explosion - means the dependent requiremens are created for this materials from APO.

The MRP will not run in APO. Only the dependent requirements will be created from APO. The MRP for this materials will be executed the ECC or R/3 system to create planned order anb purchase requisitions.

Thanks and regards

Murugesan