cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer user and the error message: Logon not possible (error in license)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a question about users available in SAP Test drive (MaxDB). I've downloaded and installed SAP Netweaver Test drive Linux Redhat Enterprise 5.0.

I asked for my license which I received by mail (a txt file named N4S.txt ) and was successfully installed by SLICENSE (with the confirmation message once the new license was installed).

According to the following link there are several users available including the "developer" user which it seems to me that can be used for ABAP developing.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Testdrive/IndexMaxDB7.6

Yet, I managed to connect (client 001) only with the user SAP* and no other user. For any other user I get the following error message:

Logon not possible (error in license check)

Any idea? Where did I make a mistake during my server configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Dariyoosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether u have the valid license (validity date/hardware key) installed in SLICENSE.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation & license you have only allows you to login & use the SAP system with the user-id's mentioned in the WiKi.

So you'll have to use only SAP*, DDIC, J2EE_ADMIN & developer. As it is a test software with limited license of 90 days & is only meant to be used for exploring & trying out things.

If you are having problems with these users as well, check the license that you have got is it valid for 90 days? And does it show as active in txn SLICENSE?

If not get another proper license & raise a message with SAP.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Thank you very much, both of you for your attention to my problem. It seems that I made a mistake in choosing the correct license type. First I chose the system ID " N4S - SAP NetWeaver 2004s (DB2) " but actually what I had to choose was " NPL - SAP NetWeaver 7.02 (MaxDB) ". So I found the following thread which showed me how to unistall the wrong license by truncating the content of the table SAPLIKEY.

Then I downloaded the correct license, and everything worked pretty well.

Once again, thank you very much both of you for your help.

Kind Regards,

Dariyoosh