cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 question for SAP Expert...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been reading that PI 7.3 is JAVA only at multiple places.

Is it true that it does not have ABAP at all because it did not mention any name of ABAP or some part is still ABAP but furure is J2EE only.

Please clarify.

Regards,

SC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I understand that is better to avoid ccBPM in order to be able to migrate to PI 7.3 Java only flavor (without rewrite the BPM processes).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes ..future is single stack ..instead of dual stack...

SAP is moving towards the single stack to optimize the performance and ensure the robustness of the product..

As still ccBPM part is not supported in JAVA stack of PI 7.3..we have two options of installations (single stack or dual stack)

this is to support existing customers who have implemented the ccBPM in their older versions..and who want to utilise the ccBPM

in thier projects..

I think the plan is clear until the ccBPM is moved to java stack ,Dual stack is supported...

Hope this provide you the needed info..

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If customer installed Java stack only but at later point of time he think of using ccBPM..does it mean that he has to install ABAP stack only (keeping java engine as it is)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replies.

Regards,

Sume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sume,

pls be aware that PI 7.3 java only flavor does not support ccBPM. Also not all feautures of ABAP-based IDoc adapter are supported in java-based version. So it depends really on your requirements what flavor of PI is optimal for you.

Regards

Rudolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rudolf,

From your message

Also not all feautures of ABAP-based IDoc adapter are supported in java-based version.

Can you please explain in detail.

Thank You.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

There are two options:

1) a Java only version (it is possible to use new java based IDoc and HTTP adapters with this version)

2) ABAP and Java (same as current 7.1 release)

You will be able to install whichever option suits your needs best.

Regards

Mark