cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password self-service workflow message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Where in configuration do I go to change the password self-service workflow message:

"Your password has been reset. Your password is..."

I know where these messages are for provisioning, but not sure where to go for p/w s-s.

Thanks

JD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think it is possible to configure that mesage. The only option it allows is if you want to display the password in email or not.

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can add line breaks to notification text. Desc attribute does not allow br tag for line change.

We need add several lines in certain order. How to achieve this? Is there some maximum line length

per line in code?

Edited by: Jarmo Raty on Jan 28, 2011 3:02 PM

Edited by: Jarmo Raty on Jan 28, 2011 3:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you get it working?

Or can one change the text in the webpage that show the Password?

tnx

Kristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

passwords are reset in backend ABAP system, hence mails are also generated from there........

so best you search for BAPI /virsa/....... which change password........

'you can always do enhancement in SAP code.................'

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Chinmaya mentioned, this message is not easily available to configure. None of the emails are being maintained in backend systems. All of these messages are maintained in NW (front-end) table called Virsa_AE_Message. Go to this table and search for the correspnding message and change it.

FYI, when you upgrade to new SP and upload the initial data xml file, it will overwrite the changes you have made to the message.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Out of curiousity, How can one change the content of this email? We could view the table contents using the debugger.

But is there any way to change this? Standard way or otherwise?

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

Debugger would not allow you to change database records. You have to do it either via SQL query or some kinds of DBMS studio.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes....... my mistake......

BAPI only send password back to API and then it is further send by AE.....

thanks for correcting me.......

regards,

Surpreet