cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Report with yellow rating and NO data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have upgraded the solution manager to EHP1 in June. Befor that my EWA was working perfectly fine.

Our EWA report (after upgrade) is getting generated and has a rating yellow but it contains No data.......shows data oly for hardware capacity even no other performance factors included in the report.

I checked settings in satellite system as well as in solution manager. everthing is working fine. All RFCs, service defination, word setting everthing is fine.

I need your assistance to resolve this issue o priority as its EWA for PRD isnt getting generated.

Thanks,

SAP Basis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have updated the solman since June, I would suggest you apply the latest SP for your release.

if you are on ST-SER 701_2010_1 then please check as I think SP4 is available.

Many resolutions were done and without getting more information from you with regards to the exact system configuration, exact missing data etc, I would suggest you update the ST-SER and then verify the EWA report again.

Please ensure that you do the solman_setup -> basic configuration if you had not done so previously.

Regards,

Jared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already completed the setup through solman_setup in upgraded solution manager.I am already on EHP1 04 stack. I have 17 production systems configured in solman for EWA. All are generating the reports without any issues the only problem is for PI system.

EWA for PI is also available in solman EWA. Rating of the report is yellow but it contains no data ( only data available is hardware information.......

I have done the macro setting as well as I thought it must be issue of microsoft word.......but No luck

Please guide........

Thanks,

Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

my ewa contains:-

1.2 J2EE Configuration Data

1.2.1 Support Package Maintenance

No configuration data was found.

Recommendation:

Check whether data is displayed for this system in application 'Change Reporting', which can be found in the 'Root Cause Analysis' work center under 'System Analysis'.

The requirements for 'Change reporting' are:

- Setup of Diagnostics

- Setup wizard for this system has been executed successfully

- Periodic extractors are running successfully

For more information, see http://service.sap.com/diagnostics.

2 Java Performance Data PI1

2.1 Java Application Performance

No performance data was found.

Recommendation:

Check whether data is displayed for this system in application 'Workload Analysis', which can be found in the 'Root Cause Analysis' work center under 'End To End Analysis'. If the data is not available here, open a message on component SV-SMG-DIA.

If data can be displayed in the Workload Analysis but is missing here, open a message on SV-SMG-SER.

The requirements for the 'Workload Analysis' are:

- Setup of Diagnostics including BI

- Setup wizard for this system has been executed successfully

- Agents have been set up and are running

- Periodic extractors are running successfully

For more information, see http://service.sap.com/diagnostics.

please suggest

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Generic,

Have you done the basic analysis recommended by the error message.

Is datas available in the Workload analysis or not?

If it is not available, then you have an issue with SMD (Diagnotics) where something has not been setup correctly.

Data missing fromt he Workload analysis, especially performance data, indicates the problem is with Solution Manager Diagnostics setup for this system.

Typically when you upgrade Soutioon Manager you need to run Solman_setup again and do the basic configuration again, and the managed system setup. It is during basic configuration that the central correction note should be applied. You want to ensure this step has been done.

If the data is available in the Workload analysis, this means SMD was able to write directly to the BI on Solman, so then the anaylysis should focus on the aspects of the system that move the data from the BI to the Service session.

From what you have written, this is a Java stack system, and that works differntly than ABAP, that uses SDCCN and RFC's.

But this is how you should approach further analysis on this issue.

What is interesting is that this report is yellow rated, or has received a rating at all, and not a grey rating or no rating.

Is there data in the service session? You might want to investigate that, and if it is, try to generate via HTML, because you could have an issue with your WOrd version or settings.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for your response.

I logged in through solman_workcenter in solution manager to check the WORKLOAD analysis as you said but I didnt find the option for the E2E under solman_workcenter.

Can you please suggest....

Thanks,

Basis

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Generic,

The Tab you want (or want to enable) is Root Cause Analysis (RCA).

It is in this workcenter that E2E Analysis is selectable.

If you provide your user with the required role ( See Security Guide ) and the option is not available, it may mean that

you have no installed SMD, and this is required for EWA's for Java stack systems.

Regards,

Paul

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if SAP Note 1406066 is applicable for your PI system. If the ST-A/PI is 01L* & SAP_BASIS releases 7.01 or 7.11. then this might be applicable for the PI performance & Administration missing data.

There are manual steps within the note that you need to follow carefully.

Kind regards,

Jared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul,

RCA related roles are not assigned to the user id. I have raised a request to the security team to assign the same.

SMD is running on PI.

I will get back to you with the status after role assignment.

Thanks,

Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

RCA roles are assigned to my id but still I amnt able to see any data under RCA>workload analysis

kindly suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

RCA roles are assigned to my id. I can see the RCA tab but under RCA> WORKLOAD ANALYSIS I amnt able to find anything for that system.

kindly suggest

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are in Workcenter > Root Cause Analysis > E2E analysis and you don't see your system listed so you can select it and click on othe workload analysis button, then the managed system has not been setup for Solution Manager Diagnostics.

Does this system have a java stack? If so then SMD is required for EWA.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI is the dual stack (ABAP +JAVA). SMD is operational for PI but I am neither able to view abap data nor Java in EWA report.

Thanks ,

Generic

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have said that in Workload analysis that you cannot see any data for the system.

If there is not data here, an EWA report cannot be generated for the non-abap stack.

This would indicate an error in your SMD configuration.

No data available in Workload analysis for a system with a Java Stack = misconfiguration of SMD.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

prabhat_sharma6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know how you solved your issue? I am facing the same issue and searching for solution.

Thansks,

Prabhat