cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive form: problem with ValueHelp in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have InteractiveForm element in my WDA.

The form has Table. One of the columns of the table is ValueHelp button from WebdynproNative library.

The form executes ContainerFoundation_JS code on the ValueHelp click event just fine.

The Search help gets called just fine.

My problem is that the Table cell on the form doesn't get populated with the value selected on the search help.

The Table is bound ro WDA context.

I am afraid that Adobe gets confused with the row number to return the Help value.

I have no problem with ValueHelp button on a single TextField (not in a table).

But within the Table....

Is ValueHelp working in a Table?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Tatyana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to use a Search Help object which is possible with Value help.

Search help object has an advantage over a dropdown.

In Search help User can actually do search in the list of values.

Dopdown will display all list of values which can be long in some cases.

So I guess it is not possible to use Value Help object for a table field...

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tatyana,

It is possible to use value helps in tables in interactive forms! The question is why it doesn't work for your form.

Try this:

For test purposes, insert a native Web Dynpro table, which is bound to the same Context node as the table in your form, below your form (that's 1 minute work if you use the Web Dynpro Code Wizard (from the toolbar in the Web Dynpro explorer); modify the standard cell editor to "InputField").

Execute the following tests:

1. Check that the value help in the native Web Dynpro table works "as expected", i.e the selected value will be copied to the correspoding field of the table. Will the table in the form be updated too?

If YES: It's probably a problem of your form

If NO: It's probably a problem of the Web Dynpro framework (the form won't be updated correctly wth the new Context data)

2. Check the valuehelp from the form: Will the corrsponding field of the native Web Dynpro table be updated?

If NO: It's probably a problem of your form

If YES: It's probably a problem of the Web Dynpro framework

Now, if you think it's a problem of the Web Dynpro framework: Update your SAP NetWeaver (SAP_BASIS) installation to the newest available SP and/or open a CSN message.

If you think it's a problem of your form: Maybe the data binding isn't correct or you placed the valuehelp button in a different subform than the inputfield?

Ralf

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ralph,

I followed you advice and created identical WDA's and forms in "ECC box" and "RPM box".

To clarify, "ECC box" is:

- component version = SAP ECC 6.0

- SAP_BASIS package level 20

"RPM box" is:

- component version = SAP Netweaver 2004's

- SAP_BASIS package level 17

I didn't have problems in "ECC box".. Value help in table was working.

There was some disconnection between WDA table and PDF table in "RPM box".

I noticed differences in schemas generated from WDA: "RPM box" schema was not same as "ECC box" schema.

I believe that it is WDA issue giving me a problem, since I generated XML schemas using right click on IneratctiveForm object in WDA.

We defenetly need to update RPM system to a nigher package or try to find OSS note to fix the issue.

Points are awarded.

Ralph, thank you very much for helping me to identify the problem!

Tatyana.

Otto,

I thought you are SAP mentor...

Somebody with exactly same name as yours sounds like a grampy person in many of his replies...

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Otto,

I thought you are SAP mentor...

Somebody with exactly same name as yours sounds like a grampy person in many of his replies...

Agree. Sometimes I don´t remember some people are still beginners with the technology or are not fllowing this forum like me everyday for months like I do. It is not an excuse, but I have seen so many people who do not EVER search before asking, asking same basic questions again and again and much more of the behavior I don´t like...

We have a saying in my country like "nothing repeated thousand times would kill even a donkey". Not really a poem, but hope you can understand what it´s about.

Maybe I should ignore the questions I don´t like, but you know I don´t see any Moderator in this forum much and feel I cannot only ignore some people who disturb the life of the forums. Now, when you point it out, it is possible I disturb the life even worse... Will think about it.

have a nice day and come back, I meant no offense,

cheers Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto,

I am ALWAYS searching - forum, Internet - before I post my question on the forum.

I am afraild my question is not clear enough.

I have successfully implemented Value Help of WebDynproNative library for a single field on the form.

Saying single field I mean Textfield bound to Structure which is 1:1 in the node of webdynpro.

My problem is with a value help for a Textfield in the table. In this case the Textfield is bound to a structure which is 0:n in the node of webdynpro.

I appreciate if you could help me.

Tatyana

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Similar question was answered already multiple times. Both a solution and a quick workaround were provided.

Could it be you didn´t search?

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Example: ====>>> 5 seconds search. Even if the solution is not linked here, there is an information by Chris where to go, what to do...

Do you want me to search few more times for you?

Example: Dropdowns in the table + WDA:

/people/dezso.pap/blog/2007/07/12/using-ddlb-in-interactive-forms-in-webdynpro-for-abap

Or this one?

Otto