Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search does not work

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The forum search does not really work.

there is no result within the last 30 days, if one searches for hits within the last 90 days.

and you get only hits from the current year if you search in previous year.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yup!! Personally i will use this trick to search in google

site:sdn.sap.com <query>

It will retrun result from SDN only.

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My intention of this thread was to let SAP know that it does currently not work.

I did not complain about the search on top which is cross forums and includes even the wikis and other sources.

I was asking(compaining) about the forum specific search.

google is good, and quick, but still not forum specifc, any idea for that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen,

I don't think that creating a new forum message will get much response from SAP. The last time I complained about a SDN software problem, nothing happened until I opened a ticket with SAP.com.

To your question, there are lots of options in Google to limit the scope of search. I will have to dig up some notes if you are interested, I don't use them much. I also used to build my own queries in SDN community network search, before abandoning it and using google. Both google and SDN search support custom creation of URLs which will modify your search. However, this is a laborious process.

The ultimate answer is to get SAP to fix the broken part of the search. It would be nice if they also brought their standard search into the 20th century.

Good Luck,

DB49

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Can I ask you to be more specific? What forum were you searching? What term? Why were the results not desirable.

I will forward your answers to our IT for them to recreate and hopefully improve the situation.

Thanks, Gali

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was in MM forum.

Just checked it again, and it works today.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl do search on top right corner of SDN page(adj. to log off),

this search is enhanced one than search link in forum threads...

Also try for new search option in service market place [Knowledge based search|http://service.sap.com/xsearch]

Edited by: Jeyakanthan A on Nov 9, 2010 3:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen

Thanks for the heads-up.

I personally quit using the forum search feature last year, since even when it works as designed, it is...ah....not user-friendly. I now use Google, and restrict the results to the SAP domain.

Best Regards,

DB49